Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

salmon, new potatoes, asparagus, green beans.
another gu pudding and assorted nibbly crap to undo the virtuous vitamins of the first course :D

Turkey breast with some carrots or whatever
smiley_yawn.gif

I need to start making mince pies

Pork in a creamy cider sauce, new potatoes, steamed cabbage.
And we've got GU puds tonight too. A choice of lime & mascapone cheesecakes or morello cherry bakewell puddings (I can't help myself when they're on bogof).
And wine because it's Friday

I am out so, for the moment, it will be a low fat Cheese & Ham Tesco sandwich plus a bag of Walkers Baked Crisps.

I may supplement this with some chips and beer on the way home though!

second round of four cheese pizza tonight. it's been quite a week for pizza in this house :D oh and the rest of the bottle of wine from last night. huzzah!

nothing i hope. Lunch was 2 entire packets of chocolate biscuits. Me, food and stress are not a good combination :(

I've just been told in no uncertain terms that I have to be at someone's house STRAIGHT after work.

So I'll be eating a lot of.........

;)

Some form of casserole containing:
chicken thighs, leeks, shallots, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, stock & red wine
Can you tell this is my first attempt at a casserole?

Some form of casserole containing:
chicken thighs, leeks, shallots, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, stock & red wine
Can you tell this is my first attempt at a casserole?

Nah, all good ingredients. What do you plan on doing with it?

I seasoned some flour with salt n pepper then rolled the skinned and filleted thighs in it then fried them in a little oil until they were golden all over and then put then in a casserole dish.
I then sliced up a rasher of bacon in to lardons and fried that until it was golden and added it to the chicken.
I then fried the shallots for a minute, then added the rest of the vegetables and fried/tossed them for a minute or 2 and added it the casserole dish.
I choped half a dozen baby toms in 1/2 and added them.
added about 400ml of chicken stock
a good sprinkle of garlic granules and a good sprinkle of parsley and topped the dish up with red wine.
In the oven on 180 for 90 minutes I reckon.

We have an empty bag of the self-same Cock Soup magneted to the fridge door. :)
It was hideous, but it's all about the shock value, isn't it? I'd pay money for a Spotted Dick package to put up next to it, if such a thing existed. (Is there a Cock-a-leekie soup bag?)

Anyway, we had sliced, fried beef liver breaded with panko and oatmeal with bacon and fried onions, broccoli/mushroom stir-fry and mashed spuds with gravy. Leftover bread pudding doused in rum with whipped cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom