Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yesterday's plan to cook loads on strike day a complete washout as the smallest one was ill and needed constant tlc so lunch was leftover Spanish chorizo stew. Tea was baked spud yadda yadda - new chilli sauce was Nando's Piri Piri Hot Sauce. Crap. The hottest one is OK when you have it there, but this was wishy washy rubbish masquerading as hot sauce. The old Reggae Reggae Sauce trick - take a decent sauce and then sweeten and weaken until fit for a mass audience. Ruined my tea you Nando to$$pots!

Anyway, tonight is spag bol.

I had an Indian take-away - chicken dhansak, sag aloo and pilau rice. It was well nice. And, very pleasingly, I had a tupperware container with 3 compartments that exactly fitted the leftovers in so I can freeze it in a neat, compartmentalised way for another time. That kind of shit can make my day.

:D:D I love you fran :cool:

I've taken 3 portions of veggie soup out the freezer this morning for us tea, cos taDAAA I'm off to the Best of Manchester Poets book launch tonight - doing a performance of my own poem, and also doing a review of the night so gonna be busy busy later!

If anyone fancies going btw and you're in Manchester, it's in the Eighth Day Cafe on Oxford Road, between 8 - 10pm, free entry :cool:

I am ILL :mad: but the good news is that my ex is having the kids two extra nights this week (last night and tonight) so I won't have them to look after again till Monday (least he can do seeing as how he's pissing off to India for 9 weeks for the second year on the trot) so I figured I might as well just buy myself an enormous chinese and live off bits and pieces of that, along with the last of the leek and potato soup plus two tubs of moroccan hummus and pitta bread that my bezzer brought up for me yesterday :cool: so should be able to get through with fuck all cooking outside of reheating. :cool:
With no kids about too, it almost feels like a holiday :p .....although urgh and :( and *cough, cough*....'OW!' and :( and (((me))) and all that, obv :D :mad: ....and I still had to get up this morning and start washing all my bedding cos I soaked it through last night! :mad:

So.....anyway :hmm: ....yeah....whatever out of that lot I fancy, if I fancy it, when I fancy it. :cool:

Aw, get well soon Sheo!
Tonight is sausage, butternut squash, mushroom and pepper tray bake with some potato wedges too maybe.
Mince pie and assorted chocolate nibbles for pudding:)

I'm going to brown some sausages, make up a load of batter mix and do a giant baking tray sized toad in the hole. Some lovely onion gravy and broccoli to serve with it :cool:

I am ILL :mad: but the good news is that my ex is having the kids two extra nights this week (last night and tonight) so I won't have them to look after again till Monday (least he can do seeing as how he's pissing off to India for 9 weeks for the second year on the trot) so I figured I might as well just buy myself an enormous chinese and live off bits and pieces of that, along with the last of the leek and potato soup plus two tubs of moroccan hummus and pitta bread that my bezzer brought up for me yesterday :cool: so should be able to get through with fuck all cooking outside of reheating. :cool:
With no kids about too, it almost feels like a holiday :p .....although urgh and :( and *cough, cough*....'OW!' and :( and (((me))) and all that, obv :D :mad: ....and I still had to get up this morning and start washing all my bedding cos I soaked it through last night! :mad:

So.....anyway :hmm: ....yeah....whatever out of that lot I fancy, if I fancy it, when I fancy it. :cool:

Oh get well soon sheo!

I'm ill here too and can't face cooking, I told Mr Yu that and he suggested we just don't have any tea. :mad::D

He's gone off to get pizza though. :cool:

*cough, cough*....'OW!' and :( and (((me))) and all that, obv :D :mad: ....and I still had to get up this morning and start washing all my bedding cos I soaked it through last night! :mad:
you're supposed to feed a cold and starve a fever :mad: Unless the bed was soaked cos you pissed it.

I'm all alone tonight *sob* (but Skyrim - yay!) so no idea what I'll have yet. probably something with cheese and tomatoes in an oh-so-predictable way :

I had half a pizza for lunch and am thinking of going and getting one for dinner now too. ahhh, blissful night of scoffing and playing skyrim with nobody to look at me reproachfully or wanting a turn on the PS3 :) heaven

Probably the rest of the caldo, if I can be bothered to heat it up and add a bit more fresh stuff.

Back
Top Bottom