Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Jacket spuds in oven to have with left over roast chuck, salad, coleslaw, cous cous and home made (ultra garlicy) garlic bread.

Only thing is, housemate got a sushi starter which was lush but I am not massively hungry now :(

Pikeylodger's just come back from Sainsburys with 2 fatarse badboy rib-eye steaks :)

Got spuds, so will do home-made chips, with fried onion, shrooms and peas :) Hooray!!

strung out said:
Any accompaniment?

Butter and black pepper goes without saying yeah?

Cheese (two parts mature cheddar, one part red leicester), chicken, coleslaw, rocket, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and homemade sweet chilli sauce.

Washed down with an acceptable red :)

I can't believe there's 420 pages of this thread! Dunno why it's so interesting, but it is.
I started the original years ago, because I am obsessed with food. Countless incarnations later, and it's still one of the most popular threads. That's why I love this place - cos we're ALL fucking obsessed with food :cool:

On that note, I fancy making something creamy, garlicky, French I guess you could say, with quorn chicken, peppers, onions, possibly green beans, and rice toneet.

And then a fuckton of mini rolls :cool:

Last night when I was drifting off to sleep I thought that I'd do kedgeree for tea tonight, but I forgot to take the smoked haddock out of the freezer this morning :mad:.
So tonight I think it'll be tofu stir fry with rice.

Last night was a chicken and chorizo traybake flavoured with orange and thyme
Tonight: rice noodle stir fry with prawns, red onion, broc and coconut& lemongrass sauce.
Mince pie for pud :)

Baked potato, mature cheddar and a shop bought tray of ratatouille. No wine tonight as sank a bottle to easy to myself last night.

dunno :( I made 2 massive lentil lasagnes this afternoon but think they're going straight in the freezer. Really dont feel like lasagne tonight. Got some tuna that needs using. Dont feel like that either. Argh! Wish i didn't live alone and had someone else cooking dinner for me.

Penang-style goat curry on egg noodles, Southeast Asian-inspired marinated cucumber, green salad, store-bought lime achar. No dessert, but canned-peach lassi with it.

I had an Indian take-away - chicken dhansak, sag aloo and pilau rice. It was well nice. And, very pleasingly, I had a tupperware container with 3 compartments that exactly fitted the leftovers in so I can freeze it in a neat, compartmentalised way for another time. That kind of shit can make my day.

Today's tea was also my breakfast as I'm on the night shift. I had a cheese & tomato submarine followed by an egg banjo.

I had an Indian take-away - chicken dhansak, sag aloo and pilau rice. It was well nice. And, very pleasingly, I had a tupperware container with 3 compartments that exactly fitted the leftovers in so I can freeze it in a neat, compartmentalised way for another time. That kind of shit can make my day.

Mine too, and I love those containers. Consider doing something like this if you use the same take away with any regularity:

When I was living on my own in Surrey, British Columbia I was a loyal (three times per week, minimum) patron of a nearby North Indian place. They packaged their stuff in the standard plastic pots and styrofoam take-out containers. I felt that using their services as often as I was was adding too much useless junk to the landfill. So I went to the dollar store and bought a half-dozen of the sort of compatmentalised containers you describe and dropped them off at the restaurant. Thereafter, when I phoned in my order they'd put it in those. The upside of that was if I only ordered only one or two things (I'm capable of cooking basmati all on my own) they'd put other things in the empty sections of the container at no extra charge, like their killer in-house carrot achar or some stray bit of bhindi bhaji or saag aloo they had no other use for. Good for the environment and damn good for the frugally-inclined. :)

Back
Top Bottom