Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I do the half and half thing, too! :cool:

I've taken some turkey mince out of the freezer....think I'm going to make some meatballs and have them with some sprout/potato bubble. Although that looks a bit weird written down. :confused: :hmm:

Not sure - am cooking that massive pot of 3 bean chilli tonight and not sure how much is gonna come out of it yet, so don't know whether to dip into that or not.
I was disciplined enough to make bloody sure that I had the required amount of servings for tonight, so actually spooned it all out and counted up. There wasn't enough for us to eat for our tea :( So we got takeout pizza instead :cool: I chopped that many onions last night even the cat's eyes were watering :D

Turkey breast, gravy, and lemon pickle wholemeal sandwich, cherry tomatoes, rice crackers, mug of tea.

I might get a naughty friday pud on the way home, otherwise I might end up baking another cake, and being in on my own :hmm: :oops: :D

Nut, lentil and corgette roast, with jerusalem artichokes, spuds, parsnips and sprouts :)

Curry courtesy of the takeaway. Chicken balti for the wife, Chicken Achari for me, poppadoms, rice, peshwari naan, mango chutney, raita and some sort of chilli lime pickle that is to die for.

Venison shoulder meatloaf (pork fat added), mashed potatoes w/sour cream and chives, peas 'n' carrots, green salad. Last of the poppyseed tart for 'afters'.

Sick to death of this cold. The long sneezing stage is almost over, but now my head is so bunged up that my hearing feels impaired, as if I'm waiting for one of those post swimming pool moments when your ear suddenly pops into glorious full volume again.

I've been rubbish with cooking over the past few days as a result, lethargically opting to feast on takeaways rather than leave the miserable comfort of the sofa. But today I have a craving for something more healthy and home cooked, perhaps even the energy to do something about it. Tempted by safe old faves - a bolognaise or whopping slow cooked pot of something. There again, maybe the pile of ridiculously hot chillies in the fridge could help blast this thing out, in a kind of mucus vs capsicum battle. Not sure of the theory, but it's strangely tempting.

Sick to death of this cold. The long sneezing stage is almost over, but now my head is so bunged up that my hearing feels impaired, as if I'm waiting for one of those post swimming pool moments when your ear suddenly pops into glorious full volume again.

I've been rubbish with cooking over the past few days as a result, lethargically opting to feast on takeaways rather than leave the miserable comfort of the sofa. But today I have a craving for something more healthy and home cooked, perhaps even the energy to do something about it. Tempted by safe old faves - a bolognaise or whopping slow cooked pot of something. There again, maybe the pile of ridiculously hot chillies in the fridge could help blast this thing out, in a kind of mucus vs capsicum battle. Not sure of the theory, but it's strangely tempting.

I'm not sure I'd like to be too close to the end result of the mucus vs capsicum battle :eek:
I'm on my second week of feeling like my head is stuffed with wallpaper paste so I can sympathise. It really zapped my apetite for the first week, but at least I feel like cooking and eating again now.

Chicken enchiladas tonight, with some green salad, washed down with a couple of glasses of medicinal red wine.

Back
Top Bottom