Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

tarannau said:
Tonight I have a stinking cold, a mountain of chillies to make into sauce and a takeaway is clearly on the horizon. So lazy that even pizza seems strangely attractive.

Takeaway here. Paya :)

undecided here. A Gousia would be nice, but I can't stop myself overordering from that place and I'm actually not that hungry

Have settled upon a mango and Trinity (scotch bonnet type) sauce to make up tonight. The fridge is already full with big jars of Tulasco (Tulse Hill Tabasco), wiri wiri sauce, a superhot 7 pot/naga mix up and some Belizean style lime pepper sauce. Most are almost mature enough to give out again. May even get round to selling some this time.

made a monster batch of bean burgers and just had one in a pitta with german style pickled red cabbage, cucumber and ketchup. was LUSH.

I've got a really immense craving for Khan's curry. Instead have a choice of:

- grilled fish, broccoli and couscous
- roasted spicy quorn fillets, broccoli and couscous

grr.

Still making room in the freezer for our steer's meat, which we'll pick up Saturday. Tonight it was lamb stew (from last May!) over wide egg noodles. Havarti garlic bread. Green salad. No dessert.

where's the photo of your cake sheo? cmon :mad:

my gratin last night was rubbish :( tonight I've got keema from my freezer stash with a brown pitta and some red cabbage.

Not sure - am cooking that massive pot of 3 bean chilli tonight and not sure how much is gonna come out of it yet, so don't know whether to dip into that or not.

Something using estima potatoes, at least one pepper, celery, and possibly eggs or chorizo.

Visiting a mate to help out with his radio show and getting dinner cooked for me. A rare luxury, looking forward to it.

'Veal' parmesan made with slices of pork loin instead, linguine and a mushroom/basil/roasted tomato sauce, caesar salad. Glass of late harvest Vidal, segments of clementines and a nibble of Leyden cheese for dessert.

I've bene rubbish this week - too much work, so there have been beans on toast and chippy teas. Will make an effort tonight. Probably pizza

Back
Top Bottom