Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

just had some noodles and black bean veggie stir fry. the black bean sauce was out of a jar - it wasn't very nice and it wasn't worth the gazillions of calories it contained either :( bah. must try and hunt down some actual black beans here...

We just had the Old El Paso Roasted Tomato & Pepper kit with quorn, onions, mixed peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, jalopeno peppers & crisps. I re-filled my BFs 10yr sons drink before I served and made sure there was plenty of cucumber as he dosen't like sour cream....bless he managed to eat his whole fajita but fresh drink was most definetly required plus ice cream after...:)

I'm really proud as it was quite a bit spicier than he can handle right now & he ate the lot...he also asked for 1 jalopeno pepper in his Subway sandwhich today which made LOL (inwards)...he had it in the middle & had a little pant & spat it out...:)...he is very much turning into a boy who will try food rather than ooohing away from it....probably 10yrs before I managed it xxx

Just Googled....chocolate/cake/cream...YEP, that'll do! :D

Bit of a misnomer, isn't it? They sell it by the slice at the bakery in town, so I'm spared having to make it and we're both spared having to eat an entire one (and all the doorway-widening that would entail).

Gave the kids a choice between a chicken and broccoli stir fry with rice or another wrap - and they went for wraps - so the small girl'll have another crispy pork one and for myself and the boy, garlic and ginger king prawn wraps.
Creme caramel/raspberries/single cream for pudding.

Sounds mighty tasty. Do you use soft tortillas for your wraps, or rice paper?

Today we had malai kofta (using lamb sausage meat), a root vegetable curry, plain basmati and a spinach/chard salad with an Indian-ish vinaigrette I put WAY too much orange flower water in. No dessert.

For the first time in ages (years, I think) I am doing roast chicken. I've had a good time smashing stale bread with a rolling pin for the bread sauce.

I went out for a curry last night as it was my brothers birthday. It was ace. About 20 of us all together. I had Chicken Shaslick and various bits n bobs like Brinjal bhaji etc. Very nice. A new thing I had was a 'Bullet Nan', which is a nan bread with chilli in it. I shall be having one of them again soon I think. Tonight will be the rest of the sausage and lentil casserole with some roasted veg.

Awww - how is the little tiger?

Anyway, I want a bullet nan! I normally have missi roti, but it's time to broaden my spicy bready horizons. I will have to have words at the Shalimar.

We're having a very rushed Italian tonight as my sister has booked the lastest table the restaurant will allow, and they'll all be desperate to go home. :facepalm:

sausages, mash/roasties, assorted veg,onion gravy. failure to buy sausages will probably mean we have faggots instead.

corn on the cob (typed sob twice then :hmm:) and baked potato with cheese and ham and onion. Its so good. I want another one.

Farm-raised catfish fillets poached in milk with celery, onions and some Cajun-ish spices, 'dirty' rice and fried collards with garlic, worcestershire and some pancetta strips cut in at the end. Russet apple flaugnarde with whipped cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom