Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

It's more impressive to look at than eat tbh. I don't really like the texture - it's firm like cauliflower but has all pointy bits. I've been eating loads as it turns up in my veg box. I'd much rather have broccoli. If I were coming down to brixton in the near future I'd bring you some.

We had a massive healthy salad of cos lettuce, rocket, avocado, cucumber, tomato, cress, olives and sauteed enoki mushrooms, with little triangles of local hard goats cheese on toast. Then a big fat Bakewell pudding with ice cream.

didn't ruin the night thankfully, went to a fantastic gig afterwards, then drank a few of these...

6345471514_55631ca41d.jpg

:D :cool:

(I love taking photos of food)

You need to meet Arno, that runs Saltoun Supper Club...

As above but replacing swede/turnip with leeks and onions.
Baby pickling onions whole in the stew are nice (obviously not pickled)

I cooked stew with deathly silence to follow.
Because it doesn't come out of a packet, or from a box in the freezer I have no fucking idea 'when it will be done'
I wish I hadn't fooking bothered!

Thanx I appreciate that. Been trying to find a fairly original & exotic recipe for butternut squash for a while. Saw one for caramalised squash but sounds a bit ambitious, what do you think.

Who from the what now? :D

http://www.eatwithyoureyes.net/

Rayner review: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/may/31/saltoun-supper-club-brixton

Took Moonpig there as surprise V.Day thing last year, when we walked up to some random door on Saltoun Rd she said: 'This isn't one of your weird online things is it??'

Arno and his mate kept the windup going as we went in and told me to put my keys in a bowl and told her where she could get undressed... her face was a picture!!!!

I cut the toasts in half and arranged them in a circle on a plate around a big dollop of salad cream. It's always an issue.. salad cream or HP/Daddies...

Back
Top Bottom