Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Well last nights buttrernut squash and cous cous was alright but I am not sure I will be making it again, Mr.QofG's commented that it would have been better with a couple of sausages aticking out of the top and I'm inclined to agree with him!

Tonight is chilli and rice...with a 'healthy' topping of cheese!

I'm almost as excited as you about you eating at Terre a Terre, tbf! :oops: :D
ok, just for you sheo... report back on Terre a Terre

6352724031_02dbc4141a_z.jpg

top left: starter of deep fried parmesan green olives - these were really nice and had garlic in the middle.
my main: lemony yemeni - the halloumi was delicious, the rest was just ok, nothing special.
bottom right: the little egg was cute (on top of tartar sauce).
top right: my pud, which was fantastic, even if it did look like there was a slug on it! :D (crisp fondant chocolate nut butter brownie with peanut praline ice-cream, nutty caramel fudge and banana crème)

I did not ♥ this food, and imo wasn't worth the money, will just stick with the chippy next time.

looks fancy but not particularly appetising!

i'm gonna make a one-bean chili (i only have kidney beans) and a baked potato.
would be it be a bad idea to bulk it out with split peas? i suppose it would. i need to make it last though.

Looks lovely Bee, but it wouldn't fill me up. I know that's not meant to be the point but when I spend out on expensive grub I feel cheated if I leave only half full.

How did the Mister find it? One of my mates was outraged at spending £50 in there on "fucking hummous" and still leaving hungry :D

looks fancy but not particularly appetising!
I think pretty is the same as appetising, but you think celeriac tastes of aniseed :p
Looks lovely Bee, but it wouldn't fill me up. I know that's not meant to be the point but when I spend out on expensive grub I feel cheated if I leave only half full.

How did the Mister find it? One of my mates was outraged at spending £50 in there on "fucking hummous" and still leaving hungry :D
...but you rated it as one of your best meals ever :hmm: did you eat more dishes?

I was full - I don't eat very much despite appearances (and I actually wasn't well when still there). With me it was more the quality wasn't up to scratch for the money that really put me off - I would've been happy with the olives and pud.

Cptn thought it was a bit meh really :D

pretty isn't the same as fancy though is it? :p
some food looks overfussy, so you want to look at it, not eat it.
you ;)

No, pretty and fancy aren't the same, but I do tend to want to eat most food that looks good (as well as take photos of it - I do the same at home :rolleyes: ). I've seen plates that are much more overfussy than that :D

...but you rated it as one of your best meals ever :hmm: did you eat more dishes?

I was full - I don't eat very much despite appearances (and I actually wasn't well when still there). With me it was more the quality wasn't up to scratch for the money that really put me off - I would've been happy with the olives and pud.

I was full, maybe I mis-judged the scale on your pics. And I did have one of the best meals of my life, but a mate ate the same thing and thought it was a waste of money. But he prefers a dog burger at the footie and has the palate of a street drinker.

Shame it didn't live up to expectations.

Lol at dog burger :D

It was just a bit too inconsistent for me. The things that were good were very good, but the rest was average.

ok, just for you sheo... report back on Terre a Terre <snip>
I did not ♥ this food, and imo wasn't worth the money, will just stick with the chippy next time.

It's such a shame when you decide to treat yourself and you're disappointed :(

My like was for the photos, rather than the food.
You take a good food photo

didn't ruin the night thankfully, went to a fantastic gig afterwards, then drank a few of these...

6345471514_55631ca41d.jpg

:D :cool:

(I love taking photos of food)

And you're very good at it too. Ever thought of taking that further Bee?

Erm, think we're gonna have a chip butty for tea before going to shout stuff at Larry Love

an orange dinner here of 2 Birdseye potato waffles, Sainsburys beans & Sainsburys cheese & onion crisp bake plus a bottle red I just opened.

Salmon and pesto, that weird fractal vegetable and garlic bread.
Skint freezer meal. I need to make soup.

Back
Top Bottom