Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'll be cooking parcel baked chicken breasts, which are marinating in a lush smelling spice mix. With roasted celeriac chips/wedges and red cabbage, maybe coleslaw :hmm:
Sounds lovely - thanks for the idea.

Tonight will probably be more of the dhal - which turned out to be more of a creamy textured soup :cool:

We've been given loads of eggs from our chicken keeping neighbours so fritatta for tea tonight.
I've got some chorizo and I think I can manage to get 1 last nearly ripe pepper from the greenhouse so they'll be going in it, perhaps some feta too.

I'll be cooking parcel baked chicken breasts, which are marinating in a lush smelling spice mix. With roasted celeriac chips/wedges and red cabbage, maybe coleslaw :hmm:

Fingers crossed I'll have some appetite by tonight.

Ooh, do you put them in little tin-foil parcels? Hope all the yummy smells tempt your appetite back, it's really weird being physically hungry but not actually fancying putting stuff into your mouth, I hate it.

What's 'special' about the sauce?

it has no tomato in it! my boyfriend can't eat tomatoes or dairy so regular pasta sauces are generally out for him. So I made a special sauce just for him with roasted red peppers, red onions, garlic, chilli and olive oil.... it's quite nice - and peppers are cheaper here in Germany than in the UK so it's not completely prohibitively expensive either, which is nice...

it has no tomato in it! my boyfriend can't eat tomatoes or dairy so regular pasta sauces are generally out for him. So I made a special sauce just for him with roasted red peppers, red onions, garlic, chilli and olive oil.... it's quite nice - and peppers are cheaper here in Germany than in the UK so it's not completely prohibitively expensive either, which is nice...

Ooo that sounds lovely, I might have to give that a go.

Thanks for the idea - I'd have to replace the red onion (probably extra garlic, carrot, and celery), but roasting the lot in the oven and then blitzing it would save a bit of standing & stirring time.

Sounds lovely - thanks for the idea.
Welcome :) it's a great way to cook chicken, you can pick whichever flavours you like and it always comes out moist :oops: (or do you mean the celeriac chips... I forget if you're veggie, sorry)
Ooh, do you put them in little tin-foil parcels? Hope all the yummy smells tempt your appetite back, it's really weird being physically hungry but not actually fancying putting stuff into your mouth, I hate it.
Yep, tin foil parcels, so I guess they're more steamed than baked, but they are always really moist. You don't get crispy roast chicken skin, but I generally use skinless portions, and I don't like chicken skin. I'm not physically hungry either, hoping boxing tonight will help.

Welcome :) it's a great way to cook chicken, you can pick whichever flavours you like and it always comes out moist :oops: (or do you mean the celeriac chips... I forget if you're veggie, sorry)
Yep, tin foil parcels, so I guess they're more steamed than baked, but they are always really moist. You don't get crispy roast chicken skin, but I generally use skinless portions, and I don't like chicken skin. I'm not physically hungry either, hoping boxing tonight will help.
FWIW not veggie, and I liked the foil parcel idea with the chicken, but it was the celeriac chips one which had me wondering why I hadn't thought of it before.

FWIW not veggie, and I liked the foil parcel idea with the chicken, but it was the celeriac chips one which had me wondering why I hadn't thought of it before.
I will remember that now, makes a difference when making suggestions :)

I only found a recipe when I was looking for an alternative to potatoes a few years ago, never really go very crunchy, but they are nice :)
*moist* :oops: :oops: :oops: :cool: x
:D

Baked spud, cheese, beans, chilli sauce, mayo. I also have some daal in the fridge which I might chuck on it, which could be great or vomtastic.

ringo it became vomtastic with the addition of chilli sauce & mayo!!!

I'm def having pizza tonight which will be havily sploshed with Tabasco sauce. Will probably open a bottle of red....:)

Baked spud, cheese, beans, chilli sauce, mayo. I also have some daal in the fridge which I might chuck on it, which could be great or vomtastic.
Personally I'd leave the dhal, and mayo for another day. Or have just the baked spud, cheese, dhal and maybe a bit of chilli sauce. But too much of a good thing is sometimes just too much.

Chap's out again tonight recording, so me and our lass will probably have a tuna pasta bake cos a) she loves it and b) this means she will cook it :cool:

Bought one of those bake yourself hovis bloomers a whole ago and froze it. They are great for when ya cant be bothered cos they can cook from frozen.
Seen as tho there's just me and the babby (whos actually now asleep and not very well) and i have tonsillitis think i'll throw some veg and stock in a pan and whizz it up the blender for a nice warming soup.

I always have garlic bread in for similar reasons ;) :D - bit of bread, bit of soup, job done!* :cool:
Get well soon, Bass and littler Bass! :)

*It's a good un for a Monday, I find....ARGHHH!!! CAN'T BE ARSED!!!!! :mad: :D

Chilli con carne made with lamb steak instead of beef. Never tried this before but smells pretty fine bubbling away just now. :)

Back
Top Bottom