Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Soooo glad to be back in my own kitchen after a week+ in the city eating what my hosts insisted we 'try' (mostly crap mom-and-pop Cantonese places-- one of which had cockroaches and served noodles that could have doubled as wallpaper paste).

Today we had pork tenderloin stuffed with prunes, dried apple and apricots, dauphinois spuds, maple-tinged applesauce and a huge salad with a slightly-too-thick garlic/avacado dressing. Raisin/rum pie and vanilla ice cream for afters.

The one thing I had in the city I'll definitely be trying at home was a tapas-bar thing I couldn't get enough of: pre-cooked rabbit, onions and reconstituted ancho chillies deep-fried in spring roll wrappers, and served with a sweetish, vinegary mole dipping sauce.

Dhal, with a few pinches of ham hock, the rest of the celeriac diced up into it, and whatever else can be found.

Still using up leftover chicken from the mahoosive bird we cooked on Monday, so tonight it's chicken and mushroom risotto. And wine.

Struggling a bit to know what to use leftovers for so a swift search of this thread revealed this ^, so we'll be having that from Sunday's roast chuck :)

TUESDAY ROAST!

Pork (with crackling, obv :cool: ), roast potatoes, yorkshires, broccoli, sprouts and gravy.

And I had some clementines to use up so I'm making a Middle Eastern orange and almond cake, to have with a bit of greek yoghurt, for pudding.

*fat day* :D

Something with chilli to try to zap this cold.
Stir fry and noodles looks likely
Chicken noodle soup is brilliant when you've got this horrible cold - chockful of all the best stuff: ginger, chilli, coriander, garlic etc. Blast the little bastards!

Well, mister is out at rehearsal tonight, so he's on a freezer portion of veg soup plus doorstep bread, and we're on freezer-foraged curry delivery leftovers: chicken piri piri for moi, and a chicken balti for our lass

not sure maybe veggie sausages & mash & veg or if BF is absent I will have a Pizza Express 'Vitabella' (low cal but tasty) pizza.

just browsing recipes for the above mentioned casserole and one recipe advises to omit the wine if you're cooking for children :facepalm:

So ended up being Nandos last night (sorry Badgers) as I needed spicy food. Tonight therefore will be beans and cheese on toast :)

Creamy tomato and bacon pasta bake. Just what's needed till we have the cash to put on the gas so we can put the heating back on. Stodgy and boiling hot. Win. :D

Spicy-hot leek and potato soup with the last of the slightly freezer-burned andouille sausage; broccoli/old white cheddar crepes and a bacon-y caesar salad. No dessert, except more of the lager that went with it. That made today a half-day of work and a half-day of discretionary digestion, in repose.

Back
Top Bottom