Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

A mushroom gnocchi thing with added chicken as it’s about to go off.
I think there’s some fancy M&S flatbread too.

What I actually want is a big fat sausage sandwich with thick white bread and shitloads of ketchup. I can taste it.
Mr Looby will probably have a mini shit fit if I suggest this so I’m going to keep my mouth shut. 👍
ETA- actually I was mistaken. It’s some sort of curry popcorn chicken thing. Still want the sandwich. Or May’s hotdogs.

Last edited:
This again with added runner beans and I reversed the order of the cheese and the bean chilli, because of putting cold sour cream on top. Glass of apple juice.

I like doing something similar to this (below) using leftover green beans or sliced runner beans as a side dish to go with chilli - rather than the tin of tomatoes with green chilli though I use chopped fresh toms just very lightly cooked so they still have some texture and fresh green chillies, you could substitute any sort of chillies in though including smoky dried Mexican varieties and it would be lush.

I have no idea whether it is an authentic dish mind you but still one of my favourite things to do with leftover green beans/runners :)

My second favourite thing to do with leftover green beans/runners is put them in paella-type dishes (just to be clear I don't do traditional paella(s) hence the paella-type designation!), I can't recall whether you eat meat or not but a veggie version involving other seasonal veg too would be lush.

Last edited:
Love 2 post something gourmet or whatever.. I had beans on toast!

It was food

I really love beans on toast :)

(I fancy some for breakfast now, but I have other plans. The problem is I had a dicky tummy and barely ate for a few days, now I am better I fancy All The Food!! :oops: )

I like doing something similar to this (below) using leftover green beans or sliced runner beans as a side dish to go with chilli - rather than the tin of tomatoes with green chilli though I use chopped fresh toms just very lightly cooked so they still have some texture and fresh green chillies, you could substitute any sort of chillies in though including smoky dried Mexican varieties and it would be lush.

I have no idea whether it is an authentic dish mind you but still one of my favourite things to do with leftover green beans/runners :)

My second favourite thing to do with leftover green beans/runners is put them in paella-type dishes (just to be clear I don't do traditional paella(s) hence the paella-type designation!), I can't recall whether you eat meat or not but a veggie version involving other seasonal veg too would be lush.
I have been just quickly cooking a chopped tomato with some sliced garlic as a sauce for runners occasionally. Nice cold as a salad.

Thai food tonight :cool:
Someone in the village has a van that she normally takes to festivals, but is trialling opening it up in the village at weekends.
We've been away the last couple of weekends so haven't tried it yet, but the feedback on the village fb group is great.
This weekend's menu is red chicken curry, rice, pad Thai (chicken, tofu or prawn), spring rolls and chicken wings.

Back
Top Bottom