Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I had a bit of leftover roast chicken to use up so went to one of my standby leftovers meals - on this occasion it was chicken, half a red onion, 1/4 of a green pepper, garlic, black pepper, half and half penne and fusilli (using up the last dregs of 2 different bags!) a splosh of white wine, a splosh of cream, and the last of the fresh parsley.

Pretty much everything was something that had to be used up, not that exciting though!

Stir fry! Onions, garlic, baby corn, tenderstem broccoli, sugar snap peas, red pepper, button mushrooms, soy beans, beansprouts, noodies. Gonna use one of those cheaty sachets - Blue Dragon chow mein.

More special brownies with sliced strawberries for afters. Got the strawbs from Lidl yesterday, and they are absolutely perfectly ripe, just wow :cool:

Last edited:
Haven't decided yet, I really didn't feel like cooking and fancied a ready meal but when I got to Iceland they were clearing some of the shelves and I couldn't find anything that I fancied that were reasonably priced.

I have hot dogs and buns, chicken pies, and a chicken kiev so will decide between those.

I am being lazy and everyone is having whatever I have yanked out of the freezer. Red dinner for himself, what looks like chicken in white sauce for the small and I will have a sandwich.

I won't bore you with the full air fryer saga :mad: but it finally arrived yesterday so we had sweet potato fries with a bowl of bean chilli and cheese.

Sweet potato wedges today, which I'm hoping will give me enough room to do a couple of southern chicken thighs and some hot and spicy quorn nuggets (I'm going to try and fashion a foil container to keep the chicken separate!) with peas. Chocolate eclairs for pudding.

That stir fry last night was fucking immense! Ideally needed an extra sachet, I did that much veg.

Am making a big batch of special flapjacks for a mate tonight, so a fairly quick n easy tea after that - fried Cauldron Lincolnshire saussies and onions, on big baps (if I can get them in the Brexit-reduced Co op!) with fried eggs, slathered in Reggae Reggae sauce.

Special brownies and sliced strawbs for afters.

We haven’t been shopping since returning from camping on Monday. I should have delayed the Gousto box instead of cancelling it!

Mr Looby has suggested pizza delivery which I’m irritated by given our recent conversations about us both being fat and skint. Obviously not irritated enough to actually go to the shop and then cook something so it’s going to be toast, pizza or some other takeaway.
We need to sort our shit out but it’ll have to wait as my brain is fried from starting a new job.

Back
Top Bottom