Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Just as the weather hots up again, I’ve decided to make my second stew of the week, courtesy of the Rachel Ama recipes I’ve found on Pinterest. The first was called No Beef Stew, which was one of the beefiest things I’ve ever tasted (thanks to lashings of Maggi seasoning) and today’s dish is West African Peanut Stew, sparingly laced with a scotch bonnet paste I got in a market the other week…

Rachel Ama West African Peanut Stew Recipe | This Morning ITV

Last night was supposed to be curry night (home cooked by me), but I've had a cold and didn't feel up to the doing the multiple dish feast that I usually spend half a day preparing, so we went to the pub (we both did lateral flow tests just in case, OH does them Mondays and Thursdays for work anyway and I've been doing them daily for the last few days as I have what would in normal times be dismissed as a mild cold, but better safe than sorry - 3 negative lateral flow tests over the last 3 days therefore it seems to actually be a mild cold thank fuck, happy to do another test before I next leave the house just in case)

We did get some very nice salmon fillets from the reduced to clear shelf beforehand, so I fried one for OH and made some jollof rice to go with it, I had some leftover chicken with the same rice. I baked the remaining salmon fillets in foil, they will be good in the fridge for a couple of days for use in sarnies :)

Last edited:
Mini fry up - eggs, beans and toast for the girl - same for me/son but with (one rasher of... :D ) bacon and some mushrooms. Got some tomatoes and an avocado that needs using up so that, too (which means I may shun the beans, if my daughter is up for having the extra for lunch tomorrow).
Shortbread fingers and the last of the melon for pudding.

Accidental pizza and chips after I got all my work timings wrong and started to think about tea too late :facepalm: This might happen tomorrow as well because instead of sensibly using the evening to prepare tomorrow's tea I've been falalaing about on the sofa painting my nails and thinking about boys :oops:

Back
Top Bottom