Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We had pomegranate molasses and sumac halloumi/chicken thighs and roast veg, with a bulghur, tomato and cucumber salad but it wasn't as good as it might have been had the air fryer arrived, which it - predictably - did not! :D
The oven here is so shite - it's one of those massive range cooker type things but with only a single, huge (fan or grill only) oven.
Undoubtedly costs a fortune to heat, but doesn't evenly distribute the heat so I'm constantly having to turn things around and move them to hotter spots - plus it just seems to create more steam for all the space. I don't understand the point of them! :mad:

ETA - the only good bit is having the large central ring on the gas hob which is far better for stir fry's etc than any other cooker I've used - although I then only mostly use two out of the other four rings. And I WOULD get the point if it had a smaller and larger oven instead of just the one gigantic fucker, which I know lots of them do, tbf.

Last edited:
Meal out at a fish based restaurant in Paignton. Pictorial details later I think
Forgot to take pics :oops:

But I had a lovely meal, crab gateaux to start in an orange and mango dressing, pan fried mullet with Mediterranean veg and beetroot pesto, and a cheeky 3 mini desserts on the house (tiramisu, lemon posset and white chocolate and orange cheesecake) as one of my dining companions didn’t like their mussels much.

We didn’t get to our table until quite late as the previous people had dawdled a bit, and the kitchens were very busy but luckily by the time we had ordered food, they’d caught up a bit and had our main course by 10pm. Very nice place, friendly staff and good food cooked well and a lovely view of the harbour. Will go again.

Back
Top Bottom