Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Considering halloumi myself, not got much food today but I sliced and fried half a block of halloumi for OH earlier before he went to work, tasted a bit and it was really nice halloumi, good decisions were made in the cheese aisle when that was purchased! I might leave the rest of it for OH though. I am struggling about what to have for tea, not got a lot in (big shop tomorrow).

I might just have some spaghetti or linguine cacio e pepe if I can't think of anything else. Eggs on toast also an option but OH appears to have burned some fried eggs in my good egg frying pan and I don't feel like dealing with it :hmm: Will report back.

I am just having one of those days where inspiration is not striking and I haven't shopped or restocked the freezer since defrosting.

Chicken, cheese and salad sangwich is the main driver.
Might have some rice an pea on the side.
May/will also have some slaw.
Definitely a decent scoop of macaroni cheese be have'd.
Beyond any doubt will have some plantain.

Decent chance this will turn into a Chicken, cheese and salad, slaw, macaroni cheese and plantain sangwich with rice an pea side.

Had barbecued chicken at a friends house and just got into a local bar and got asked if I wanted to join a table to eat as one of the local shepherds had slaughtered a lamb and had brought it in to be cooked . I’m stuffed and had to say no but they just brought me a little plate .

D is having the spicy pork and lentil thing I made the other day, Magoo had classic turkey dinosaur, spaghetti hoops and alphabites. And I am thinking of a tuna and sweetcorn sarnie or maybe a fried egg sandwich as I am too bloody tired to deal with a lot more.

First of the Gousto meals

chicken things in Cajun spices with a creamy sauce, sweetcorn, butter beans, green beans

my verdict - ok but nothing more than that. Didn’t add flour to thicken the sauce which may explain why it was meh. Would have rather not had the sauce tbh. It’s a portion for 2, so the rest is tomorrow for breakfast (I tend to skip lunch).

Back
Top Bottom