Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I was invited to dine at my neighbour's* tonight, but he has gone quiet - usually I am told what time to arrive etc.

Suspect he is still in bed / failed to organise food.

* See Christmas Bust-up thread.

I may have to make my own arrangements, i.e. leftover chicken cacciatore, and all the booze to be swigged solo.

No news from neighbour until 1am. He had been taken to hospital with Covid19. They gave him steroids and a painful mask to wear, about which he complained, wheezingly. 599 deaths today, he could easily have rounded it up to a neat 600 but didn't. Another example of his selfish conduct.

Toast and marmalade, tea.

Random spaghetti dish with peas, green beans, prawns, lemon, creme fraiche and chilli flakes: salad. Nothing for afters because I've put back on half the weight I lost after the first lockdown :mad:

Day off before the next recipe box arrives. Fennel and pomegranate salad, home made red cabbage sauerkraut and some of the home made sauersprouts, baked spud with cheese. Glass of raspberry cordial with fizzy water.

Steak experience similar to my bargain shelf lamb chops last week - not used to having the more expensive cuts for frying/grilling rather than stewing/braising, but everything went fine and I ended up with a lovely large medium-rare steak done in rapeseed oil and butter with some thyme in the butter - very satisfying to have it come out just how I wanted it :)

Just heating up a couple of mince pies to have with some brandy butter as a late afters :)

I've some sardines which I shall butterfly and stuff, or I'll just just gut them and put some rosemary in the belly. I shall then either bake them or cook them on the griddle. I'll serve them with a green salad.

I've some sardines which I shall butterfly and stuff, or I'll just just gut them and put some rosemary in the belly. I shall then either bake them or cook them on the griddle. I'll serve them with a green salad.
Minor change of plan. I'm gutting them then stuffing them with a mix of raisins, onion, lemon, breadcrumbs, seasoned with some fresh ground pepper and pink salt.

I may have sunk to a new low or I am a genius, poutine made with some Morrisons "tater tot" type things that have bacon bit's on them, some feta crumbled over the top and some of that bisto KFC style gravy. I just thought fuck it, nutrition be dammed today. Its delicious but in a terrible for you way.

Babby has pretend chicken nuggets, sweetcorn and some tater tots.

Chocolate Angel Delight for pud.

Back
Top Bottom