Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I may have sunk to a new low or I am a genius, poutine made with some Morrisons "tater tot" type things that have bacon bit's on them, some feta crumbled over the top and some of that bisto KFC style gravy. I just thought fuck it, nutrition be dammed today. Its delicious but in a terrible for you way.

Babby has pretend chicken nuggets, sweetcorn and some tater tots.

Chocolate Angel Delight for pud.
And a multivitamin?

I'm having part 2 of the Moroccan lentils and roasted cauli, with some extra yoghurt and chutney.

Salad from bags of different salads. Pete Kitten keeps stealing, hunting and eating bits. Cheese, beetroot, cucumbers, all the green things, with tangerines for pudding, 2 squares of dark chocolate, and maybe some cheesy red peppers later.

Healthy eating level 7 unlocked.

Roast Chicken (me), Tuna steak (OH). Roast spuds, steamed broccoli (we have 2 types to get through!), and some stuffing balls if I can find where they are in the freezer (which is absolutely rammed).

Part 2 of the barbecued beans and guacamole, but with a jacket spud and cheese instead of the sweet potato chips, to cut the fieriness slightly. It was actually really nice, kind of like jacket potato nachos.

Cheese then beans, then guacamole.

Shepherds Pie, had it y/day too. Even tho' I've eaten it dozens of times over the years it was actually the first time I made it, had no carrots tho :( so just used peas and chick peas. It is gorgeous, even if I do say myself but Mrs Numbers did say she loves it too.
I’ve always said Shepherds Pie would be my choice of ‘last supper’ but I still can’t make it as tasty as my mother did. She used cold roast lamb (or beef), pushed through a Spong mincer clamped to the kitchen table, I’m not sure how she seasoned it but there was certainly a lot of Worcester sauce both in cooking and when served. She never made it with bought raw mince. And I don’t think she ever put carrots in it, though I do sometimes.

Ooh RubyToogood dud you have MC delivery? I had bostin beans & sweet potatoes fries this week. Was lush.

Tonight is vegan chorizo & bean stew with rice from my mate who has a local vegan food business.
Yes, I've been getting them since just before Christmas. I'm really liking them, so much more choice for veggies than Hello Fresh, really creative recipes and very healthy. The "no stodgy carbs" line wasn't selling it to me because I love stodgy carbs more than life itself, but there's only been one meal that I found insufficiently satisfying (the shakshuka falafel).

I hadn't realised they're all dairy and gluten free by default. So the vegan choices are huge.

They're pricier than Hello Fresh and Gousto I think, but more ethical wafts hand vaguely and I figure normally I'd have a meal in the pub and/or one takeaway, lunches out etc so that plus normal food shopping bills covers it. Plus it's more interesting than what I'd cook myself and cuts my shopping trips down to hardly any.

As before, I get a box for two people and have half of each meal one day and half the next.

MC do 30% off for NHS staff too which I benefit from so becomes affordable. We sometimes get a 2 recipe box for 4 people & have over 2 days or meals for 2 for 3 meals as there is different choices depending on how many people meals for.

I like the not thinking what to cook, not shopping, trying new recipes & generally just being easy.

MC is Mindful Chef which is a food delivery box.

Feel like i should have my 5 a day but cba cooking so might be cheese on toast or ill bung a scotch pie in the oven. Got sticky toffee pudding but no cream and cba going to the shop either. Might just have it on its own though. Might cram a few blueberries in.

Back
Top Bottom