Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night was sweet potato rosti, avocado , tomato & onion salad with green beans & red chilli’s. It was super lush. Tonight was romano peppers stuffed with chickpeas , apricots & cous cous again lush but was missing heat.

We had cheese and red onion frittata, tomato and olive salad, fried potato hash thing involving potatoes, onions, garlic, chilli flakes, paprika and a little turmeric fried in olive oil and butter with lime juice and parsley added at the end.

It was delicious but it pretty much involved ALL the types of fat :oops:

Last edited:
I got some kebabs from the butcher earlier, so them with some buttered new potatoes and steamed vegetables.

e2a - those kebabs were delicious, but the butcher wasn't kidding about them being hot. Normally the stuff he advertises as 'hot' is just pleasantly spicy, but right now I feel as if my mouth is on fire!

Last edited:
Breaded plaice from the reduced shelf, going to use up the last few potatoes doing french fries in the air fryer, fried mushrooms, mushy peas (out of a tin - I don't get it but OH loves the things), I will probably do some garden peas for myself. I might make some tartare sauce if I can be arsed :D

Sausages, sugar snap peas, roasted courgettes, kale and new potatoes (cooked together with onion and mashed into colcannon). All veg except onion from the garden. Chocolate eclair and a handful of raspberries

It was supposed to be a Cajun chicken and rice thing but it’s way too hot to stand over the cooker for ages. We’re just going to chuck some random stuff in the oven. Wedges, some goujons, garlic mushrooms and some dough balls that need using. Basically a completely beige and carby dinner. 👍

Not sure, we have started a new thing where OH cooks dinner once a week, work permitting - I am a bit (bit???) of a control freak in the kitchen so I just have to sit down and bite my tongue while he gets to cook.

Looking at the ingredients, looks like it's going to be a tomato based pasta dish with mushrooms and courgette. Looking forward to it!

Batch paprika chicken from the freezer with garlic-fried asparagus and crusty bread. Summer fruits and ice-cream after unless I'm totally stuffed. Budvar.

Back
Top Bottom