Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Stonebaked vegan falafel pizza with flat garlic bread and salad.

These unbelievably lush brownies, with a 'special' ingredient in them :thumbs: They're so sweet there's no chance of going back for more, and "crying as your world dissolves", as it was put on another thread! I used the chocolate orange but have made them with turkish delight before too.

185g dark choc (supermarket’s own for about 32p each bar)
185g butter

Put butter and choc in a bowl over bowl over simmering water untill all melted.

While its melting add 285g golden caster sugar and 4 eggs in a bowl and whisk till pale and fluffy(at least 5 mins).

Add the melted choc mix to the egg mix and mix in slowly, using figure of eight movement with spoon so as not to get rid of any air.

Sieve in 75 g plain flour and 45 g cocoa powder, again mix with figure of eight action.

Add filling of choice - chop up whole choc orange and add and mix/ turkish delight i put in whole / choc chip (supermarket choc good for this too need at least 200g).

Line a square baking tray with baking paper on the bottom.

Pour in mixture.

Bake for 20/25 mins at GAS 3 OR 4.

Remove from oven and allow to cool in fridge overnight.

Go round all edges with a knife and turn upside down, should all come out fine, cut into desired pieces.

Yesterday was fried halloumi and a couple of bits of paprika chicken I had left over with Greek salad - mint from my monster plant out the side - and a chunk of seedy baguette. Tonight it'll be some mackerel in a mustard sauce from a tin, more Greek salad and more baguette. Possibly summer fruits and coconut milk yoghurt after, possibly not. A French gentleman did once say I had l'estomac d'un oiseau (the stomach of a bird) but he was a gluttonous fucker, it has to be said :)

Made the mistake of stopping in Tooting when very very hungry, so three big fat samosas and too much barfi.

Tooting as good for a curry as it used to be, then?! :cool:

A second freezer meal of the day here. Normally I try and cook one meal a day, but I had too much to do at lunchtime and then a chat with my nephews on Zoom right when I'd normally cook dinner. Still, my basic sausage casserole does freeze reasonably well...

Tooting as good for a curry as it used to be, then?! :cool:

A second freezer meal of the day here. Normally I try and cook one meal a day, but I had too much to do at lunchtime and then a chat with my nephews on Zoom right when I'd normally cook dinner. Still, my basic sausage casserole does freeze reasonably well...
I never actually eat out there, just go to sweetshops for samosas! Obviously this is a shame (in normal times). It's essentially the same. I think the market is somewhat gentrified but not like Brixton.

I don't even grow courgettes (no outdoor space) but they are cheap and lovely round here at the moment, I'm getting through a lot of them!

Tonight is curry night. I am having keema aloo matar. OH is having fish/lentil/potato/pepper/courgette curry, very hot, and some tarka daal that was in the freezer from last time I made a batch. Might do some rice.

Well, if it ever stops fucking lobbing it down, we'll be having spaghetti with chilli/garlic/olive oil/sundried toms/black olives/bodyweight in parmesan, cos I wanna go brambling after work, and that's an easy peasy tea.

If it carries on just twatting it down, we'll be on chips, cheese and onion pie, peas and onion gravy.

More brownies and a decaff tea for afters.

beef stuffed ravioli with a nice meat sauce and melted cheese on top. side salad & italian bread w/butter

Back
Top Bottom