Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Shepherd's pie for me, quorn cottage pie for him (essentially the exact same except his is made with quorn mince and a good blob of marmite for umami goodness, mine is made with lamb mince and meat stock)

Shepherd's pie for me, quorn cottage pie for him (essentially the exact same except his is made with quorn mince and a good blob of marmite for umami goodness, mine is made with lamb mince and meat stock)
i don't know about the marmite but the rest sounds heavenly

We had the pie. This summer is a right fucking washout.

Looks like I might be able to go brambling later so it's the spaghetti/chilli/garlic etc for tea. No brownies as the fella has bed calls! Probably Greek yoghurt with honey and blueberries for afters.

You can get yellow ones? Not seen them - will have to look for them.
I grewed them. You might be able to buy them though, probably farmers market more than Sainsbury's.

The pale green ones I grow are delicious. Those you can get in Turkish shops though.

I tend to grow unusual varieties. Can't see the point of growing the exact same seed variety as veg sold in shops.

It’s too hot to spend ages in the kitchen but we’re trying to eat better and not have takeaways.
Last night we had pasta bol from the freezer.
Tonight we’ve got lamb steaks, new potatoes and green beans. I’ve also got some mini sweet peppers that I’ll either griddle or stuff and bake.

If it doesn't twat it down, we'll be sat out in the yard and having a fire later, so that means lovely fire food. Prosecco, then Cauldron Lincolnshire saussies roasted with onions, with Dijon mustard and Reggae Reggae sauce. Then pinot grigio, with cheese and onion quiche and hummus, then later, mixed olives and crisps with Boursin. :cool:

Had to cook a Mexican half chicken thing I bought from the Coop as it was use by today. Too bloody hot for that, so it's sat in foil until I can chuck it in the fridge. Not hungry anyway due to the weather.

Back
Top Bottom