Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Got a gilt headed bream for me and a posh burger patty for him. We're staying at my MIL's while she's away so we can have a bbq (no garden at ours). Red cabbage, chilli, parsley and coriander salad on the side.

Still a while off being cool enough to eat though...

Oh, bream, I love bream

Me too, although I don't think I've cooked it before. Any tips?

Is it whole or fillets? Either way, I'd do it very simply, BBQ will work well, maybe brush the skin with olive oil or a little melted butter, season it and be very very careful not to overcook it. A pat of herby butter melting on the top of it once you serve it. It's a lovely fish. Not sure about BBQ cooking times, I've not had outdoor space for nearly 30 years so I would suggest checking to see what google says

Is it whole or fillets? Either way, I'd do it very simply, BBQ will work well, season it and be very very careful not to overcook it. A pat of herby butter melting on the top of it once you serve it. It's a lovely fish. Not sure about BBQ cooking times, I've not had outdoor space for nearly 30 years so I would suggest checking to see what google says
Sounds great, there's some herbs here so I'll make up some butter and maybe stuff some in the middle too.

I'll check the time, I normally get so nervous of overcooking fish on the bbq I end up with borderline sushi. Fine with tuna, not so great with white fish...

E2a: no gas in the bbq, Franco Manca delivery instead.

Last edited:
Probably a day for a light salad. Perhaps a cold buffet with Olives, Feta and such things.

But no...

IMG_20200809_133107.jpg

Defrosted it and it needs cooking. With mustard mash, peas and herby onion gravy :facepalm:

That is my favourite pie in the world so will be glorious but still, a bit hot for this weather.

I think since he won't be home until gone 1am and has to be up and out at 8am that it is a ready meal from the freezer type day. He has a fish pie in there, and I have either a cumberland pie or a sweet potato topped cottage pie. All foraged from the Morrisons reduced to clear shelf at some point of course :D

Greek meze today. Chicken souvlaki, bifteki, Greek style potato wedges (must be a Greek name for that?!) with Greek salad, pita bread and tzatziki.

Ah that is perfect for this weather. I love that sort of meal in the summer but I do feel it is a little wasted without either retsina or ouzo or both :D :oops:

Back
Top Bottom