Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We went out for our rescheduled anniversary meal tonight at a place in town with a lovely garden.
I just had bread and dips for starter including a lovely baba ganoush.
Steak, chips, mushroom and tomatoes and then an Eton mess with pimms and strawberry jelly and lemon marscapone. Also 3 very large aperol spritz.
Mr Looby had seafood. Gorgeous.
He had a vegan cheesecake with pineapple sorbet which I thought was awful but he liked it.
The service speed was fucking shocking but that’s probably for the best as I could have drunk a lot more than I did. 😄

Mozzarella, tomato and basil salad.
Potato and chive salad.
Runner beans with tomato and garlic sauce.
Crunchy salad of lettuce, radishes, cucumber and carrots with dressing of olive oil, sesame oil, honey and lime juice.

Cheese course: oatcakes with camembert and sheep's cheese.

Pudding: apple cake with vanilla ice cream (Green and Black's).

Cup of tea. Fizzy water.

Had considered treating myself to a little half-price pub meal tonight, but pub was thronging (for a given value of thronging...).
Got a takeaway pint instead because I had the kind of thirst that only a dirty Fosters top will quench, and made myself some butter/garlic/sage fried oyster mushrooms on sourdough toast. Both food and drink hit the spot 100%!

Burgers in buns with chilli cheddar. Courgette :rolleyes: fries and cherry tomato salad with the 1st ripe ones from the garden. Given the amount on the plant, I’ll be rolling my eyes about them in approx 2 weeks :D
I'm aiming to make lots of individual lasagnes with the courgettes and freeze them. Just got to wait for it to cool down a bit.

I had leftover salads from last night, bread and cheese.

I'm hungry just looking at that! Nice china too. :cool:

I think I'm going to do something I don't often do this evening and make a hash. I'm in the mood for just slinging a lot of vegetables and so on into a pot and seeing what comes out!

e2a - I'm now googling for ideas but - inevitably - just getting loads of sites telling me how to cook with dope. :D

e2a2 - that was bloody lovely, though I do say so myself, but I did have a bit of what my mum used to call 'eyes bigger than tum syndrome.' Now too full to move...

Last edited:
We’ve eaten out a lot this week so Rishi should be very pleased with our contribution. 👍
This morning we took the puppy out for breakfast and we really should have the filled pasta that’s in the fridge for dinner but I suspect Mr Looby is going to wake up from his nap in a mo and not want that.
I really fancy a hot dog with loads of onions, mustard and ketchup.

Back
Top Bottom