Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I failed on portion control last night and we both ate so much we were groaning, dinner ended up being roast chicken for me, tuna steak for him - served with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast courgettes, stuffing balls, yorkshire pudding (those 2 items found lurking in the freezer and reheated!), fried mushrooms, steamed broccoli, peas and baby carrots and gravy - OMFG could barely move.

Tonight I am having leftover chicken and he is having a hake fillet in caper butter, and we will both have lemon and spinach rice, leftover roasties, and salad

Dinner happened very late (they want all the hospitality workers to go back to work but then close half the stations early so they cannot easily get home after their shift :hmm: )

Can I just extol the virtues of potato and courgette mash, I learned to make mashed potatoes this way when I was staying with friends in France and helping out with the cooking and it is just an amazing way to do mash - allow 1/4 to 1/2 a courgette per portion of mash - grate it, add to the pan for the last few minutes of cooking then drain and add salt, pepper and butter/olive oil/milk/cream/sour cream/creme fraiche of your choice, also works well with a bit of mustard, and mash it all together - om nom nom. If you don't want green flecks in the mash you can peel the courgette before grating, but I really like the look of it with the skin on. Either way, it does wonderful things to elevate the mash. Fucking lush.

Last edited:
There's some blue sky out there today, so we're gonna for a walk after work, get some sunshine and fresh air, and then have a quick easy tea of Morrisons pizzas - ham and mushroom for moi, veggie supreme for him, with a mixed salad and green olives.

Tiramisu and blueberries for afters.

Back
Top Bottom