Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I still have some quinoa salad and hummus left from yesterday, but not enough to make a full meal. So I might pack out the salad a bit and fry up some haloumi and have a wrap or two

edit... Just remembered I have some new spuds that need using, so maybe a potato salad to go with it instead of wraps. I'll just stand a look at the fridge for 10 minutes and come to some sort of decision

chicken and spinach orzo (newish on me - rice-shaped pasta that makes an impressive/quick risotto equivalent). cheat box, comes with basil, but i can't help feeling extra thyme wouldn't hurt. any chicken risotto is better for thyme :)

Part 2 of a quick courgette, tomato and chick pea thing I threw together last night, probably with couscous, possibly with a cheese course or maybe just a flat peach. I haven't looked at the runner beans today but if any of them are edible size I'll have a side of those.

Chicken Tikka masala
Mushroom rice
Chapati
Sag aloo
Mango chutney

All homemade. Bit of a faff and made several portions. Was nice but I was not as hungry as I thought :( so a lot of cooking and washing up for half a bowl. Am sure it will taste better (and my appetite will improve) tomorrow :)
now THATS a meal Badgers!!

Gonna get a discounted Pizza Hut pizza. Think there's a minimum spend, so in that case, I'll get a ham and mushroom one and he'll get the veggie sizzler. Possibly a garlic bread too and a dip.

Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream for afters.

No drinkies this weekend, but there will be lashings of ginger beer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom