Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

cheat box, saving the recipe cos it was so good.

chicken thighs fried with cumin and oregano; simmered in a sauce of tomato paste, chicken stock cube, peanut butter, dark chocolate and whizzed up soaked sultanas and ancho chillis; chicken shredded and returned to sauce; rice & green peas; sweet pickled red onion :cool:

kid2 made a (locally sourced) cherry crumble i have to wait for tomoz for space for that, but it looked perfect - browned on top, jammy bubbling around the edges :)

Need to use up the rapidly over-ripening vine toms, so tom salad, with fried halloumi, roast veg couscous, and salad using baby spinach, watercress, and my homegrown leaves (which taste soooo fresh).

More choc cheesecake and blueberries for afters.

I love Jollof rice, what type of rice did you use? That looks a little delicate, basmati? Try it with long grain instead.

Yep, basmati, it was all we had in. That might be the culprit then, will try again with long grain because the taste was lush :thumbs:

Gammon steak strips fried up with peppers, onion, garlic, smoked paprika, chillies, cumin, mushrooms, coriander and cooked rice then chucked in a wrap with cheese and squished on my much beloved George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine
A very fine thing.
On the Old Peculier now. Aces.

Back
Top Bottom