Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Sardines on the BBQ with some salad again. Very lovely and summery and delicious.
It's raining, but I can still cook outside because I've got a big umbrella in the garden. I know it's a parasol, but seeing as there is no sodding sol we might as well call a spade a spade and it's umbrellas that keep the rain off.
I ate my summery tea outside under the umbrella, in the rain.
Living the dream, kids. :thumbs:
It is a parapluie.

Those are quite clearly pakora.

Also, what is with this trend for having an essay of explanation and back story before any actual recipe on a web page? Actually this link is not too bad but I've noticed recently it's a general curse.
Pakora are veg coated with batter and deep fried, these have the batter mixed in and are shallow fried.

Agree with you second point, all that scrolling drives me mad.

Espinacos con garbanzos to start.

Roasted aubergine and red pepper in a spicy tomato sauce with giant couscous for mains.

The last of the merguez with sweet potato fries done in the air fryer and beans with liquid smoke and chilli sauce. Maybe blueberries/raspberries with coconut milk yog afterwards.

The below + Greek salad.

F8A5A3D6-F806-4C30-BBBC-DBA541E6FACF.jpeg
33B56E77-F779-44A1-8758-60530446BB34.jpeg

The above are pictures from the (Rick Stein) book. Dishes are ‘The best Chicken pie in Greece’ and ‘Oven Roasted Chicken with sumac, pomegranate molasses, chilli & sesame seeds’. Later we’re maybe making a Greek Macaroni Sunshine Bake (replace potatoes with pasta in shepherds pie). We’re making bread too.

We’re seeing family tomorrow (so excite) so are proper on it (cooking, no Rum, well...) today.

Debreziner sausage stew
Fuckton of garlic and onion
Some potato, cabbage and carrots
Will chuck some Spinach in at the end

Maybe with some rice or possibly a hunk of bread. Most likely on it's own in a bowl with a spoon. Might even get a bottle of Tyskie in :hmm:
The rest of this but with dumplings tonight. Will wash down with a small wine and faux cornetto for dessert.

Had an afternoon pizza snack yesterday so only a very small bowl for dinner last night.

Back
Top Bottom