Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Have eaten and drunk very 'richly' over the last week. Mainly because I had a load of food to use up (see other thread) so need to get more salad, veg and such on the plate :(

Sardines on the BBQ with some salad again. Very lovely and summery and delicious.
It's raining, but I can still cook outside because I've got a big umbrella in the garden. I know it's a parasol, but seeing as there is no sodding sol we might as well call a spade a spade and it's umbrellas that keep the rain off.
I ate my summery tea outside under the umbrella, in the rain.
Living the dream, kids. :thumbs:

These ones Carrot Fritters - A Simple Vegan Recipe for Carrot and Coriander Fritters with fresh coriander rather than ground, as I didn't have any, and added chilli flakes. We get carrots in the veg box, and they don't seem to last 2 minutes, so this takes care of them.
Those are quite clearly pakora.

Also, what is with this trend for having an essay of explanation and back story before any actual recipe on a web page? Actually this link is not too bad but I've noticed recently it's a general curse.

Those are quite clearly pakora.

Also, what is with this trend for having an essay of explanation and back story before any actual recipe on a web page? Actually this link is not too bad but I've noticed recently it's a general curse.
:D Bloody bloggers. As it happens, I have just the recipe on my phone, so I don't have to read that shit, and just dug the website out for Maggot.

Couldn't agree more - just give us the recipe, and don't try and make us read half a PhD thesis before we get to it!

Being a bit overstocked with mushrooms I made a mushroom bourguignon this evening. Not bad at all, though I say so myself. :cool:

Couldn't agree more - just give us the recipe, and don't try and make us read half a PhD thesis before we get to it!

Being a bit overstocked with mushrooms I made a mushroom bourguignon this evening. Not bad at all, though I say so myself. :cool:
Sounds nice. What goes into that?

Back
Top Bottom