Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I had actual vegetables! Chimichurri steak, new potatoes, green beans and corn on the cob. Tbh I enjoyed the corn so much I could have just had a bowl of that, with loads of butter obviously. [emoji4]

Sounds lush, i love corn on the cob with slightly charred bits, lashings of butter just so good.

Absolute feast with our mates who came round to watch the Liverpool game and break their fast with us. She made:

Samosa / pakora / samosa chaat for starters with salad / sauces
Keema with red kidney beans and a veggie curry with roti, pickle, salad and sauces after
Cake from Mushtaq’s on Stratford Road in Brum - Oreo, fererro Rocher and strawberry

So full I can barely move. It was absolutely delicious. [emoji41]

Pulled pork and crackling

0d7092eb74add8a0a9f10e0da37de786.jpg

Tonight was sea food tacos (We had to have a self imposed 6 month ban on these because we eating too many of them) so one tail fillet of salmon, nice chunky haddock fillet, king prawns, all marinated in dry spice mix plus a spoon of my onion, chilli, fresh coriander, garlic and lime paste, nice big chunky springs onions and red peppers. Served on corn tortillas with crunchy salad of lettuce, red cabbage and more pepper, home made sour cream and slices of avocado and lots of extra lime oh and a pretend beer for me.

Tonight was sea food tacos (We had to have a self imposed 6 month ban on these because we eating too many of them) so one tail fillet of salmon, nice chunky haddock fillet, king prawns, all marinated in dry spice mix plus a spoon of my onion, chilli, fresh coriander, garlic and lime paste, nice big chunky springs onions and red peppers. Served on corn tortillas with crunchy salad of lettuce, red cabbage and more pepper, home made sour cream and slices of avocado and lots of extra lime oh and a pretend beer for me.
That sounds awesome. What's the spice mix and how do you cook the fish?

That sounds awesome. What's the spice mix and how do you cook the fish?

It's paprika, oregano, celery salt, onion granuals, garlic powder, ground coriander, cayanne pepper, leaf coriander, ground cumin, flour all at 1/2 teaspoon mix it through and I put in the fish in it for a couple of hours and then put 1/4 spoon of the wet paste and fry it in non stick pan, the haddock will go flaky really quickly so I only cook for 5-8 minutes. And have a good squeeze of lime as well.

It's paprika, oregano, celery salt, onion granuals, garlic powder, ground coriander, cayanne pepper, leaf coriander, ground cumin, flour all at 1/2 teaspoon mix it through and I put in the fish in it for a couple of hours and then put 1/4 spoon of the wet paste and fry it in non stick pan, the haddock will go flaky really quickly so I only cook for 5-8 minutes. And have a good squeeze of lime as well.
Thank you! Sounds lovely.

And hoping the fucking storm doesn't hit an hour after we get home, like Accuweather says it's gonna do :mad:
It didn't hit :cool::cool: We only got back about 9.15 but had a beautiful fire, and stopped out in the yard til about 3am. Think we're really close to solstice cos it was still light at that time!

I made some fucking gorgeous veggie kebabs yesterday and bbq'd them - halloumi, chestnut mushrooms, red onion, and red and yellow peppers. Mixed all the chopped up stuff in a bowl with olive oil, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Fuck me they were lush. Had them with potato salad.

Tonight's tea will have to be the spinach and ricotta tortellini that needs eating up today, and will probably do a tomato and basil sauce to go with. Garlic baguette and 'super green' salad.

Gu millionaire's cheesecake for afters :thumbs:

Tonight's tea will have to be the spinach and ricotta tortellini that needs eating up today, and will probably do a tomato and basil sauce to go with. Garlic baguette and 'super green' salad.

Gu millionaire's cheesecake for afters :thumbs:
Didn't have this in the end, made a Moroccan chickpea stew with loads of fresh coriander, and brown rice. Nom.

Shall be having the tortellini tonight though.

Back
Top Bottom