Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Batch cooking a huge veggie chilli at the moment and feeding different types of beans into the pressure cooker.

However I was in Aldi earlier and decided I wanted something different. So I'm BBQing chappali for one as my other half is out and doesn't eat beef. Might have some veggie chilli on the side anyway.

Edit. Just tried the haricot beans. Don't think I've ever had them before unless in baked beans. Quite odd to eat something so familiar yet different.

I fucking love cottage pie, but don't cook it enough due to partner not eating beef or lamb.

When I was working in care it started out the kids loved my cottage pie. Then started complaining after a while as we ate it so much. :D

I don't make it to often anymore either because MrONS finds things like that boring, he would maybe eat if I made the meat spicy and changed it to a sweet Potato topping but then it just wouldn't be the same. It supposed to be comforting and beefy with a rich gravy and lush with crispy and soft mash.

Lol my mum would do that with us, I made the mistake of saying I like the linda McCartney sausages when I was a veggie...cannot eat them or have them cooked near me now just death by veggie sausage.

I saw a recipe in an Indian cookbook for a spiced cottage pie. :eek:

Veggie sausages are dead easy though aren't they? My Dad doesn't eat meat, but doesn't eat decent veggie food like lentils, chickpeas, anything spicy or many vegetables come to think of it. He ends up eating a lot of veggie sausages!

I'm really hoping this fucking rain stops before tonight, cos I wanted a fire and a barbeque for later.

Am planning veggie shish kebabs - halloumi, chestnut mushrooms, peppers, onions, and have with potato salad and green salad.

Prosecco and pinot grigio first though :cool::cool::cool:

Back
Top Bottom