Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is your favourite conspiracy theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
editor said:
He's notched up a whole collection of FAQ-busting offences in just the last 6 hours:
1. cut and paste-a-thons
2. unacceptable mod personal abuse
3. conspiraloonery
4. fucking about with user names.

So what the fuck's he still doing posting here?

I`m sorry :(
I was only trying to help you understand where I was coming from. Its not my fault you don`t want to listen.

Once again, you`ve insulted me plenty of times..but I jokingly call you fuhrer and its personal abuse...Are you a lawyer or something? :rolleyes:

editor said:
Is that your philosophy here then?
shit.jpg

gold-bar.jpg

:D Guess which one he's starting with.

Markyd said:
My favourite Conspiracy theory is that all conspiracy theories are part of a conspiracy to keep your mind off important shit!

Erm hello! Why does no one think like this?
why are conspiracy theorists so determined to belive info they have when it is likely to be as contaminated as everything else?

Azrael23 said:
have and use is not the same thing. i`ve already made that clear.
No, that's bullshit and you know it.

So what US police forces have sonic weapons for use on their civilians?

editor said:
And is it being used as a WEAPON, as you claimed and the question asked, YES/NO?

It IS a weapon. Thats its sole use.

Its like having a machine gun on top of my house and claiming its a lightning conductor.... :rolleyes: :D

I didn`t claim it had been used yet.

Whats the point in this again?....

I have a simple point. The police are undergoing militarisation,

In a semi-related point, did anyone see the articles concerning the plans to press ahead with new regional police super-forces in the UK?

editor said:
Where have the police used sonic weapons on the public in the US please?

I have seen a report posted up on Indymedia that US police tested sonic crowd control devices on peaceful demonstrators (not a 'sonic canon'). Since the US do have them it doesn't seem beyond the bounds of possibility.

The BBC have reported that UK police are considering use of a sonic non-lethal weapon currently used for crowd control in Iraq. Simular devices are used in Israel against Palestinians. Ears can be damaged.

BBC 11 Nov 2005
Last week a cruise liner used a "sonic weapon" to deter pirates. The device is also used by the US military in Iraq.

Now the Home Office and police forces are looking into using it in the UK.

The last time I heard mention of these devices and they have been used in Iraq. Was the Pyschological effect of having shit music blasted at you at high dB.

I'm getting bore of this cyclical crap Ed. Bin it!

Well you`ve both been consistently shown to be harassing me.

Don`t try and bin it, heres an article you should read.

Don`t make these weapons out to be harmless...Weaponising the police is not a sign of a free country is it?

Also take the time to read the upcoming variations of this technology.

CNN

I`ve shown you that the police in the US have them installed already.

and now we see the UK govt is interested... :rolleyes:

Azrael23 said:
It IS a weapon. Thats its soul use.
Wrong.
Azrael23 said:
In a semi-related point, did anyone see the articles concerning the plans to press ahead with new regional police super-forces in the UK?
Ah, the familiar "let's change the subject because I'm losing the argument" trick....

:rolleyes:

editor said:
Wrong.
Ah, the familiar "let's change the subject because I'm losing the argument" trick....

:rolleyes:

I`m not in an argument. You want to be in an argument when did I indicate I`d slipped to your level?

This place exists to air issues and views, not to play host to your personal witchhunts, which seem to be based mainly on boredom.

Azrael23 said:
I`m not in an argument. You want to be in an argument when did I indicate I`d slipped to your level?

This place exists to air issues and views, not to play host to your personal witchhunts, which seem to be based mainly on boredom.
Have you got any proof that the US police used sonic weapons on the public in New York, otherwise could you explain what you were doing posting up that picture please?

editor said:
Have you got any proof that the US police used sonic weapons on the public in New York, otherwise could you explain what you were doing posting up that picture please?

For the millionth time, I`ve already explained that I have never said that they`ve been used yet. What kind of point is that anyway?!

Why would they have them if they didn`t have plans to use them? Maybe its a stereo upgrade? :confused: :D

So have you got any views on the militarisation of the police?..or do you prefer your little witchhunts. ;)

Azrael23 said:
For the millionth time, I`ve already explained that I have never said that they`ve been used yet.
So what did you mean when you said this:

"The police are so nice to us these days.

Instead of beating you with a truncheon they just point a gizmo at you and you drop with massive brain-pain and vomiting.....yay...."

So what gizmo have the police been pointing at you 'these days'?

editor said:
So what did you mean when you said this:

"The police are so nice to us these days.

Instead of beating you with a truncheon they just point a gizmo at you and you drop with massive brain-pain and vomiting.....yay...."

So what gizmo have the police been pointing at you 'these days'?

I`ve already explained what I meant. I`m not arguing with you editor I know what I said and I`ve explained what I meant quite reasonably.

Pingu said:
actually

I have head of sonic devices being developed for crowd control. They were bsed on some idea about developing sonic weapons for military use that would emit sound waves at the same frequency the human body resonates at. but they also found that it was totally impractical. the use of vlf (very low frequency) devices though is possble (think being next to a really loud bass speaker and the uncomfortable feeling you get). no idea though if it ever went any further than a concept

Oh there's no doubt that the army has been experimenting with sonic weapons. What is in doubt is that the police (US or UK) have ever used them on civilians. What is increasingly obvious however is azrael23's idiocy.

Azrael23 said:
Well you`ve both been consistently shown to be harassing me.

Don`t try and bin it, heres an article you should read.

Don`t make these weapons out to be harmless...Weaponising the police is not a sign of a free country is it?

Also take the time to read the upcoming variations of this technology.

CNN

I`ve shown you that the police in the US have them installed already.

and now we see the UK govt is interested... :rolleyes:

OK, I'll grant you this one - they do appear to be some kind of sonic crowd control devices on those police vehicles in Seattle. However, the way you initially brought the subject up heavily implied that the police routinely used them in the UK. Maybe be a bit more careful with your use of language in the future then we can save all this nonsense?

For fucks sake, haven't we had enough gullible conspiranoid wankers on this website?

Or do we get to keep them just to abuse them?

Either way, Azrael23 is the latest in a long line of clueless cunts and this never gets anywhere.

3b_trash_72.jpg

Azrael23 said:
The New York Police? :confused:

soundcannon2.jpg

Is your picture supposed to show some kind of sonic weapon?

See, I thought I'd better let you know that if you're implying that the round bit on top of the van is a "dish" of some sort then;

a) it's nowhere near the right size to propagate the kind of frequencies necessary for a "sonic weapon" and
b) it's a hatch.

Groucho said:
I have seen a report posted up on Indymedia that US police tested sonic crowd control devices on peaceful demonstrators (not a 'sonic canon'). Since the US do have them it doesn't seem beyond the bounds of possibility.
IIRC the unit they tested "worked" in that it induced nausea and the occasional turd-in-pants accident, but was vast and unweildy, and needed a separate truck-sized generator to achieve it's full 50-metre range.
The BBC have reported that UK police are considering use of a sonic non-lethal weapon currently used for crowd control in Iraq. Simular devices are used in Israel against Palestinians. Ears can be damaged.

BBC 11 Nov 2005
Last week a cruise liner used a "sonic weapon" to deter pirates. The device is also used by the US military in Iraq.

Now the Home Office and police forces are looking into using it in the UK.

Thing is, the entire "civilised" world has been looking into lethal and sub-lethal sonic weapons since the 1930s, they're still very much a minority sideline, and (of course, given their nature) can have very narrow functional parameters.
They're doubtless out there, but whether they'll ever have enough utility to be widely used is questionable.

Markyd said:
My favourite Conspiracy theory is that all conspiracy theories are part of a conspiracy to keep your mind off important shit!

Markyd said:
Erm hello! Why does no one think like this?
why are conspiracy theorists so determined to belive info they have when it is likely to be as contaminated as everything else?

Was going to respond to the first of these two posts last night ...

Marky's is a conclusion that's at times quite hard to avoid, that many conspiracists are acting (even if inadvertantly) in the interests of the establishment. because the implausible bollocks they so often come out with, serves to discredit other more reputable exposes of government ill-deeds ...

Genuine historians and researchers and investigative journalists who are striving (using reputable sources) to discover and prove government wrong-doing, must at times get REALLY pissed off with the more ridiculous flights of fancy that some of the more loonspud conspiracists come out with.

William of Walworth said:
Marky's is a conclusion that's at times quite hard to avoid, that many conspiracists are acting (even if inadvertantly) in the interests of the establishment. because the implausible bollocks they so often come out with, serves to discredit other more reputable exposes of government ill-deeds ...

The classic example of this was NICAP, the truly wacky and little-green-men-obsessed 50's/60's flying saucer investigation outfit. It was basically a CIA front designed to discredit the sightings of the saucer-shaped craft that the military were actually testing at the time.

I've never heard of Nicap before but I love weird Cold War stuff like this Fruitloop, it's fascinating. Do you have a link?

ViolentPanda said:
Is your picture supposed to show some kind of sonic weapon?

See, I thought I'd better let you know that if you're implying that the round bit on top of the van is a "dish" of some sort then;

a) it's nowhere near the right size to propagate the kind of frequencies necessary for a "sonic weapon" and
b) it's a hatch.
No, this one is kosher; I've seen pictures of it from different angles, and checked out the website of the manufacturer. They seem to have deployed them in New York for the Republican convention, though I've never heard any reports of them being used, and it's been officially stated that they're being tested in Iraq, where they could be doing anything. It's a focussed sound device called the LRAD - I've posted about it before.

story.sonic.weapon.ap.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/03/03/sonic.weapon.ap/

See - same thing as on the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom