Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Was the Leave campaign racist?

One man's 'shit' is another man's, err, something or another. But I'd rather have a wide range of opinions argued here because we all know what happens to boards that boot out/bully off all dissenting voices.
When it's argued yes, it's good, but when it's based on misreadings and misunderstandings then it's not so good.

What I'm getting at is a political failure e.g. war on Iraq, brexit is not a failure in capitalism even though the political actors are wedded to the current mode of production.

I agree with that. I didn't mean that it's going to be apocalyptic, but it was a big political failure because the system has openly contradicted itself and there has been no positivity from the establishment, or even the anti-establishment.

I think generally people here manage to avoid calling others racist when all that's been said is 'here is something I am doing to help victims of racist attacks'.

Whilst posting a negative stereotype about those same people and asking for "practical support (you know what I mean), then making a vain attempt to make this look innocent by posting asking for language help today?

Whilst posting a negative stereotype about those same people and asking for "practical support (you know what I mean), then making a vain attempt to make this look innocent by posting asking for language help today?
Ooh, the masterplan exposed.

I'm officially in trouble with Mrs Anju for wasting my time online.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Here's a lovely section of a pro remain leaflet I got through from the European Movement

remain.jpg

Never has Fortress Europe succinctly describe.

Now are you sure all racist voted leave?

Hello, what's this: We'll let migrants move to Dover if you quit EU, warn the French

French president Francois Hollande today warned Britain would face 'consequences' over immigration if quits the EU amid a row over the 'Jungle' migrant camp.

Mr Hollande's economy minister declared a treaty stopping migrants reaching Calais would be torn up after a Brexit vote prompting claims Boris Johnson and other Leave campaigners of an orchestrated scare campaign.

And this:

Migrants could set up camp in Folkestone if Britain votes for Brexit, David Cameron warns

Migrants could set up camp in Folkestone and Dover if Britain decides to vote for a Brexit, David Cameron looks set to warn.

Not only is that squarely designed to scare people of the 'swarms' of brown faces clawing away at our borders who would be let in under Brexit, the talk that the refugee camp would spring up in Dover shows an almost comical lack of understanding about why these people are in Calais in the first place.

And yet post-Brexit the racist bullshit continues from remainers..

Calais mayor threatens to send ‘Jungle’ to Dover in Brexit row

Natacha Bouchart has urged the French government to immediately begin renegotiating the treaty, which allows British border police and officials to operate in the French port.

It was 100% this racism that caused Frau Bahn to vote leave btw.

fine, but you seem to be under the misapprehension that posters on here who voted Remain were swayed by the rhetoric of the Remain campaign based on a search about whether there was a thread about distancing ourselves from racist campaigning. there are many threads on here and the posters you're at odds with here have posted their non-racist reasoning for voting Leave and their contempt for racist rhetoric is clear. There wasn't a thread on it, because it's kind of a given that people on here don't think that way and don't tolerate those who do.
Anju also worth reading this:
Immigration and the "racist thickos"

Wake up and join the 21st century lol

I'm slowly catching up. I got my first smartphone two months ago. I will be learning what the different smiley and other faces mean soon so I don't accidentally cause offence.

Btw, I was joking earlier when I said you had insulted me. I think my humour can be a little too dry or sarcastic sometimes, or of course just not funny.

I think that the internationalism is the thing that people are pissed off that we feel has been sold out on both sides. The EU didn't push that, they pushed a load of economic bullshit which they were going to push whatever the result at some point in time. But the Leave campaign didn't push that either, the UKIP were far more vocal and recognisable than any sort of internationalist movement and the idea that this is going to get rid of them is more pie in the sky than the idea that the EU would get through it's own crises somehow by default

Nobody has the right to claim a victory, that is why nobody has. There were much better referendums to have and take to the EU, save Greece, deal with the crisis in the Med, deal with unemployment in France and South Europe, have a referendum on that, not 'Get rid of David Cameron

I'm slowly catching up. I got my first smartphone two months ago. I will be learning what the different smiley and other faces mean soon so I don't accidentally cause offence.

Btw, I was joking earlier when I said you had insulted me. I think my humour can be a little too dry or sarcastic sometimes, or of course just not funny.

I have a phone which does lots of stuff but I just play chess and use it to phone people

Like I said, I was agreeing with you in a qualified way. I sometimes fail at communicating with people too,unlike people who use VBulletin every day...

Prejudice against European immigrants isn't racism anyway. It's xenophobia. A vital distinction that seems to have been entirely missed on here (and elsewhere too).

I think this article sums up how well meaning Remainers have ironically taken a particularly British view of the EU to the point where a they actually deny the effects of the EU on fellow Europeans .

Back
Top Bottom