Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US torture flights landed in UK

trashpony said:
Of course not all expats' experiences are the same. But you and PhilDwyer who live in very different countries, with very different lives, seem to be united in feeling you have a special insight that the rest of us don't have. So aren't you two generalising?

Obviously expats have a *different* insight from people who live in their native country, and in that sense you could call it "special." I reckon expats and native-dwellers each have advantages that the other doesn't. Maybe that can be counteracted if you never visit home, but I don't really see why it should. Personally I spend about 25% of my time in the UK, in fact I am here now, and these days that's not unusual for an expat.

trashpony said:
How is this statement an observation, not a judgement?

And this certainly implies you have some kind of perspective that the rest of us don't have the luxury of.

Of course not all expats' experiences are the same. But you and PhilDwyer who live in very different countries, with very different lives, seem to be united in feeling you have a special insight that the rest of us don't have. So aren't you two generalising?

How? Don't burden me with your stupidity. If you can't see it, then just open your eyes.

As for the 'special insight' you talk of, well, no i don't claim any at all, but you're fixated with this angle of things.

And probably quite rightly since you're displaying bucketloads of ignorance. In fact, come to think about you are right, i do have special insights when compared to you.

nino_savatte said:
I wouldn't mind but many of these ex pats (I would include my Thatcher-loving Canadian uncle here) haven't lived here for years and their only knowledge of what is taking place within society comes from newspapers...or in the case of fela, who doesn't take the news, it is conjecture based on antipathies he formed before he left the country.

To avoid yourself being a massive hypocrite, i think it best you refrain from commenting on america forthwith.

But as the forum knows already, it's too late. So, as you were mate.

fela fan said:
How? Don't burden me with your stupidity. If you can't see it, then just open your eyes.

On this same point on another thread Fela is reacting in exactly the same way - pouring abuse on posters. Mostly just says he has run out of valid points to support his argument...

Fong said:
People like Teej and Nino don't want to hear the harsh truth Fela.

They would rather live in the delusion that really the 'great' british public does care, if only they knew enough!

Somehow its better to imply they are all stupid assholes who can't be bothered to find out what is going on in their own country, rather then just being apathetic.

More lies, distortions and exaggerations.

You know something, I only ever encountered you once in General and you think that you know me. You're self-righteous twat who thinks that his shit doesn't stink and like other idiots on Urban you have me on ignore because I've rumbled your little game.

fela fan said:
To avoid yourself being a massive hypocrite, i think it best you refrain from commenting on america forthwith.

But as the forum knows already, it's too late. So, as you were mate.

Wtf are you talking about? There is nothing hypocritical about anything that I have posted on Urban.

If you think you can find a post where I have been hypocritical, then please post it, otherwise shut the fuck up.

nino_savatte said:
Wtf are you talking about? There is nothing hypocritical about anything that I have posted on Urban.

If you think you can find a post where I have been hypocritical, then please post it, otherwise shut the fuck up.

Hypocrisy is your shadow. You're telling me i can't comment on matters in britain coz i don't live there.

You comment on many matters about the US.

And you can't see the hypocrisy? As ever, blinded by your own mountain-sized ego. Here you are, the man who 'rumbles' everyone. It's your job isn't, to rumble everyone for who they really are.

There's no-one on the politics forums who is more hypocritical than you, nor anyone who personally attacks so many other posters.

Funny really.

nino_savatte said:
More lies, distortions and exaggerations.

You know something, I only ever encountered you once in General and you think that you know me. You're self-righteous twat who thinks that his shit doesn't stink and like other idiots on Urban you have me on ignore because I've rumbled your little game.

Another post dripping in hypocrisy: "and you think that you know me"!!! Fucking hell, maybe you don't even know what hypocrisy is.

"Self-righteous twat"? Yep, that's you too.

He's got you on ignore? Well that's not a surprise, it seems more than a few posters have got you on ignore. Are you the most ignored poster on urban?

Oh, sorry, it's coz you've rumbled all these nasty evil people. My error.

fela fan said:
Hypocrisy is your shadow. You're telling me i can't comment on matters in britain coz i don't live there.

And you can't see the hypocrisy? As ever, blinded by your own mountain-sized ego. Here you are, the man who 'rumbles' everyone. It's your job isn't, to rumble everyone for who they really are.

There's no-one on the politics forums who is more hypocritical than you, nor anyone who personally attacks so many other posters.

Funny really.

I love the way you exaggerate. I only attack posters who attack me...or did it occur to you that I have the right to self-defence? I did not 'attack' you as you so dramtically put it; I challenged you. Please try and get your head around that.

As for your continued assertion that I am a hypocrite, I demand that you produce evidence. In other words, put up or shut up.

If either of us has a "mountain sized" ego, it is you. Your ego should have its own MP it is so large. You project and you distort. I retaliate.

fela fan said:
Another post dripping in hypocrisy: "and you think that you know me"!!! Fucking hell, maybe you don't even know what hypocrisy is.

"Self-righteous twat"? Yep, that's you too.

He's got you on ignore? Well that's not a surprise, it seems more than a few posters have got you on ignore. Are you the most ignored poster on urban?

Oh, sorry, it's coz you've rumbled all these nasty evil people. My error.

How is my post "dripping in hypcrisy"? All you can produce is reams of meaningless rhetoric; it sounds good, so you post it.

Evidence please, hippy bollocks.

fela fan said:

Funny really.

The best thing to do, in my experience, is to begin talking just like Nino himself--isn't it, Nino? Then you can both just bat back and forth all day, pretty much automatically, like one of those old video tennis-games--can't you, Nino? If you get a bit bored with that, you can introduce one of his favorite topics--he still hasn't explained his clan motto--and that usually keeps him going for a screen or two--doesn't it, Nino? You'll soon get the hang of it.

fela fan said:
Mears and johnny first attacked you then did they?

I certainly didn't. Did fong? phil?

Actually they all did...were you there at the time? No, you were not.

As for you, I challenged your assertions. It is not my fault that you got all huffy about it.

I don't come here to lie, that's what other posters do. If i see a lie, it is my right and duty to expose it. If i am attacked, i have the right to self-defense.

nino_savatte said:
How is my post "dripping in hypcrisy"? All you can produce is reams of meaningless rhetoric; it sounds good, so you post it.

Evidence please, hippy bollocks.

The evidence was in post #98, the very one that this reply of yours was to.

It confirms to me you don't know what hypocrisy is.

Incidentally it takes a very special, wise, and extremely rare person who doesn't indulge in hypocrisy. I'm not entirely sure that description fits you.

fela fan said:

You can comment but you can't tell us accurately what is going on here.

nino_savatte said:
I don't come here to lie, that's what other posters do. If i see a lie, it is my right and duty to expose it. If i am attacked, i have the right to self-defense.

Nothing there for me to disagree with. Although i'm not sure about other posters coming here to lie.

fela fan said:
The evidence was in post #98, the very one that this reply of yours was to.

It confirms to me you don't know what hypocrisy is.

Incidentally it takes a very special, wise, and extremely rare person who doesn't indulge in hypocrisy. I'm not entirely sure that description fits you.

More self-righteous bollocks. You accuse me of having a "mountain sized ego" but look at this! You clearly don't understand the concept of self-analysis - do you? The post you refer to is yor post, Sunny Jim...not mine.

I know the meaning of the word "hypocrisy" because i am replying to one of the biggest hypocrites on Urban.

fela fan said:
Nothing there for me to disagree with. Although i'm not sure about other posters coming here to lie.

Really? Perhaps you should open your eyes a little more. Though I'm sure you won't take that advice.

jæd said:
You can comment but you can't tell us accurately what is going on here.

Look, i'll tell you one more time, i'm not bothered with you any more mate. Anyone who tells me i'm a selfish coward is not to be talked with. So you're wasting your time trying to get me to reply to you. Unless you count this one, and in that case hope you enjoyed it.

phildwyer said:
The best thing to do, in my experience, is to begin talking just like Nino himself--isn't it, Nino? Then you can both just bat back and forth all day, pretty much automatically, like one of those old video tennis-games--can't you, Nino? If you get a bit bored with that, you can introduce one of his favorite topics--he still hasn't explained his clan motto--and that usually keeps him going for a screen or two--doesn't it, Nino? You'll soon get the hang of it.

To sum nino up, he must have the last word at all costs. I'm off now, so i give it to him. He's talking fucking bollocks anyway!

fela fan said:
Look, i'll tell you one more time, i'm not bothered with you any more mate. Anyone who tells me i'm a selfish coward is not to be talked with. So you're wasting your time trying to get me to reply to you. Unless you count this one, and in that case hope you enjoyed it.

So a complete lack of any justification of your view point then. Ho-hum... :rolleyes: Oh, nice to see Saturday nights in Thailand are as dull as Friday nights...

fela fan said:
To sum nino up, he must have the last word at all costs. I'm off now, so i give it to him. He's talking fucking bollocks anyway!

Unlike you and your pal, phil - non? Guess who's the hypocrite now? You, my friend...it is you. :D

Another thing that I've noticed about you is that, if it gets a little too close for comfort, you accuse the other person of "talking bollocks"....not very good coming from someone who is clearly superior to us all in every single way....in that respect, you and phil make a handsome couple.

nino_savatte said:
Unlike you and your pal, phil - non? Guess who's the hypocrite now? You, my friend...it is you. :D

Another thing that I've noticed about you is that, if it gets a little too close for comfort, you accuse the other person of "talking bollocks"....not very good coming from someone who is clearly superior to us all in every single way....in that respect, you and phil make a handsome couple.

I'm well superior to you.

Now then, you need the last word, so what ya gonna say then hypocrite?

fela fan said:

Are you a betting man? I'll give you the following odds on what Nino will say:

"Still following the auld agenda - eh, Fela?" 2/1

"The ego has landed" 5/2

"You should seek therapy for your narcissistic personality disorder." 3/1

"I don't think Fela is being straight with us - are you, Fela?" 8/1

"It is you who are the auld hypocrite." 11/2

"Fuck off you wee shite." 10/1

"I am sorry, I was wrong." 1000/1

fela fan said:

Of course you are, fela...of course you are...

And you don't always want the last word? :D What a joker!

If I'm a hypocrite, what does that make you? I would like to see some evidence of my [legendary] hypocrisy, if you please.

:rolleyes:

Still following the auld agenda - eh...? The ego has landed. You should seek therapy for your narcissistic personality disorder. I don't think Fela is being straight with us - are you, Fela? It is you who are the auld hypocrite. "I am sorry, I was wrong." :rolleyes: F*ck off you wee shite.

:D

nino_savatte said:
Of course you are, fela...of course you are...

And you don't always want the last word? :D What a joker!

If I'm a hypocrite, what does that make you? I would like to see some evidence of my [legendary] hypocrisy, if you please.

:rolleyes:

Yes, it's been a trait of mine in the past, and in the current when it comes to urban. Yep, i like the last word. And yep, as i alluded to before i am a hypocrite.

But i know that and don't try to pretend otherwise. And in case you missed the meaning, of course i'm not superior to you, i'm not superior to anyone. And nor is anyone superior to me. But when egos like yours come along it can be fun to poke them a bit and see what happens. Not a hypoctrite? Impossible man, and if you can't see that, do some inner reflection.

fela fan said:
Yes, it's been a trait of mine in the past, and in the current when it comes to urban. Yep, i like the last word. And yep, as i alluded to before i am a hypocrite.

But i know that and don't try to pretend otherwise. And in case you missed the meaning, of course i'm not superior to you, i'm not superior to anyone. And nor is anyone superior to me. But when egos like yours come along it can be fun to poke them a bit and see what happens. Not a hypoctrite? Impossible man, and if you can't see that, do some inner reflection.

I have to keep repeating myself with you: I challenged you on the pooint you made that because you live in Thailand you "have a better/new perspective".

And no, I am not a hypocrite and you still cannot find examples of this 'hypocrisy'. I would suggest to you that you chucked this word at me out of desperation...or is it an allusion to my dual citizenship? If that is the case, you are very wrong: I am not an American ex-pat lving in the UK; I am a citizen of both countries and my parents were from the US and UK. I formed my views of the US while I grew up as a dependent of my father who was in the USAF. These are not lies.

jæd said:
Still following the auld agenda - eh...? The ego has landed. You should seek therapy for your narcissistic personality disorder. I don't think Fela is being straight with us - are you, Fela? It is you who are the auld hypocrite. "I am sorry, I was wrong." :rolleyes: F*ck off you wee shite.

:D

Phildwyer isn't much better either...though he is the one with the narcisstic personality disorder. ;)

Back
Top Bottom