Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

It would be welcome, but why would you be so confident that half the Republican senators will vote against him when less than l in 10 Republicans were prepared to do so in congress?
Doesn't need half, just a third. The tide is turning, and more Reps voted to impeach today than voted to impeach Nixon. McConnell has already dropped hints that he'll convict. Where he goes many others will follow. Also CNN today made the point that the Senate is less Trumpy than the House. Everyone in the House has had to seek reelection the last two times under Trump, and the vast majority have become Trumpistas to get elected. Some senators haven't faced a single election since Trump came to power and owe him nothing. They are a different make-up - more likely to be Liz Cheney-type ultra-conservative fucks but non-Trumpistas.

Can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning to read that various GOP senators and representatives now think he's learned his lesson.

I'd also be very worried if I lived in a country where someone in his position was moving large numbers of military and LE personnel about the country to "preserve order".
Joint Chief's of Staff have already confirmed Biden in writing as next CiC

He says "no true supporter of mine could ever threaten or harass their fellow Americans"

Throwing the Qanon and white nationalist lot under the bus but I suspect Q will claim there was a secret message in his speech

Obviously this means that Qanon supporters are the only true Scotsmen Americans; those that were threatened by the patriots can't have been fellow americans by definition! QED. Of course, Fellow Americans = FA, which is the same as anti-antiFA.

It's not looking good for Biden!

"There will be a transition"

He still can't bring himself to say "transition to the Biden administration". For the Qs and the other faithful, he's still throwing them tiny crumbs of utterly futile hope - there will be plenty out there who will ignore everything else about law and order, because he's doing that hostage video thing* of trying to send a message to his would be rescuers that only the true believers will recognise.

*FWIW, mine would be "I wonder how Arsenal are getting on?" - send help.

He's just so utterly terrible at public speaking. He can't even read an autocue well.
I thought the opposite about his speech last week, to the extent that I didn't realise he was using an autocue at first. He's really terrible at saying things he doesn't want to say, that's for sure, but he has showman instincts with an adoring crowd to play with.

Back
Top Bottom