Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

12003285_893324270704730_1066553012391265696_n.jpg

11215745_893324240704733_8292387690901278628_n.jpg

I think it's connected to this cultural/political thing that's going on about offense and people being upset or made to feel 'unsafe' since Monroe seems to have fully embraced some of the more idiotic elements of intersectional politics?
Interesting...thats possible... Even if she's working her way through some Nonviolent Direct Action 101 issues, comparing an egging to joining the army gets an F

Its a funny over sensitivity over the impact of a thrown egg and a lack of sensitivity of the carnage the army does...very twisted

Or maybe its just a tweet and like all tweets isnt worth overanalysing. I look forward to 800 words on the subject :D

She is a brand, she cannot not condemn direct action because if she did she would no longer make any money. Anyone who engages with her online is engaging with someone who has become their own PR person as well as marketing person. Like Laurie Penny she is a 'personal ethical brand'.

She could just not say anything surely? That's the safest and easiest thing to do. I suspect she does actually believe what she says with the condemnation. I think she's in a different ball park to Laurie Penny tbh, who seems a bit more clued in politically.

She could just not say anything surely? That's the safest and easiest thing to do. I suspect she does actually believe what she says with the condemnation. I think she's in a different ball park to Laurie Penny tbh, who seems a bit more clued in politically.

Throwing eggs is a pretty shocking waste of food, TBH.

Maybe she should write a page on her blog about how they could be part of a tasty recipe for the struggling unemployed, assuming she still does the blog.

images

Throwing eggs is a pretty shocking waste of food, TBH.

Maybe she should write a page on her blog about how they could be part of a tasty recipe for the struggling unemployed, assuming she still does the blog.

images
Yes, I was expecting her to comment on the waste of food not that it was akin to joining the army.

Yes, I was expecting her to comment on the waste of food not that it was akin to joining the army.

Personally, I'd prefer to eat the eggs before I went on the demo so I had the energy to throw other stuff, like half bricks maybe, which don't have any nutritional value

Back
Top Bottom