Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

• Deeds not words. Fewer business lunches, more throwing punches.
  • Getting other people to do your homework/research/job, and calling it ‘crowdsourced’:
    • Pro-abortion activists in Spain
    • Anarchists in Athens
    • Anyone with an opinion on Belgium
  • I know the Tommy interview was mentioned, but how about STEAK DINNER?
  • The new penitent spiel - ‘I'm trying to do better, please don't cast me out, I'll be a better intersectional ally in the future I promise’
  • Smearing someone as a racist, then privately speaking with them on the phone, and agreeing that they're not actually racist, using the ‘misunderstanding’ excuse, but never actually publicly correcting the false accusation

"I was building an ethical personal brand"

Naomi Klein in No Logo more or less predicting the likes of LP, Vice, crabapple and all those horrible new ink-wirry and activism boutique chancers that occupy shat out.

LP cool.jpg

'Hullo editors, I'm the voice of youth, I have an anarchy badge and I've been in a kettle, something something lost generation, *wiggles school tie*, career please'.

I did wonder about that, having scraped a 'D' and an 'E' second time around and made it to auspicious corridors of the Polytechnic of Central London.

Don't they have entrance exams at Oxbridge? Maybe she did really well in them (trained up for them at the smartest school)

I dunno if it's the same now, but in my brothers' time once you passed the entrance exam you just needed two D's to get in.
back in the 80s if you passed their tests you just needed two e's.

i am aware of at least one person who slacked off and didn't even achieve this minimal target

Cheers. It would make sense for them to have a private standard mirroring private education i suppose. I hear they plan on having special fast pavement lanes for their students next term. If non-students step in it they get mocked in the quads.
at which point i hope the offending students get kicked in the quads or similar

I did wonder about that, having scraped a 'D' and an 'E' second time around and made it to auspicious corridors of the Polytechnic of Central London.

Don't they have entrance exams at Oxbridge? Maybe she did really well in them (trained up for them at the smartest school)

Don't forget, there's always crammers (if you have the money)!

Cheers. It would make sense for them to have a private standard mirroring private education i suppose. I hear they plan on having special fast pavement lanes for their students next term. If non-students step in it they get mocked in the quads.
Students without an elite background and RP accent get mocked too.

And what about Saudade? :D

How could I forget! I can't bear to look at it again though, it was so cringingly bloody awful. I'll wait til it's read out in full (along with everything else mentioned here) at her show-trial.

Perhaps it offers a glimpse of how insulated these media types make themselves though - no-one, from conception to editing to printing, was kind enough to say to her 'this is fucking terrible'. Editorial meetings at the New Statesman must just be one big circle-jerk.

Back
Top Bottom