Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Not wishing to extend my (limited) defence of La Penny, but have you read the NS recently? She ain't alone in 'hoovering' for a living. Compared to something like the LRB, the NS looks like the fucking Beano these days.

Oh really? I've always found the NS quite nauseating. Wasn't too long ago, George Eaton was spunking his trousers over Labour's horrendous welfare proposals for young people.

Classic bit of Oxplaining from BBC journo Julia MacFarlane (variety of elite international private schools etc).

But their deaths r political. And their lives were cheap. Isn't this relevant? What's the point of mentioning them otherwise?

Classic bit of Oxplaining from BBC journo Julia MacFarlane (variety of elite international private schools etc).

Being such an impartially BBC journalist i'm sure she made the same criticism of Israel.

000_nic6345111.jpg

Paul Mason veers between good stuff and total bollocks, doesn't he?
He's right that drawing equivalence between a proper loon outlet like RT with the BBC is wrong. I think someone on here, butchers probably, posted something about this fairly recently. Mason is going in pretty hard on O'Hagan. PD #solidarity detachment on standby.

He's right that drawing equivalence between a proper loon outlet like RT with the BBC is wrong. I think someone on here, butchers probably, posted something about this fairly recently.
I don't think there's enough in Ellie's original statement to just call "rubbish", the BBC isn't neutral.

is there a good analysis of RT anywhere? i keep getting people posting RT stuff uncritically and i wondered if there was something i could pass them to indicate the dodginess of the source.

But their deaths r political. And their lives were cheap. Isn't this relevant? What's the point of mentioning them otherwise?

Bear in mind that in the minds (or at least what passes for them after editorial prejudice is asserted), Palestinians and Israelis are equal in their suffering, and one Palestinian "rocket" is so powerful that it needs to be replied to with a thousand Israeli rockets.

Fat Benny is used to using the flag-shrouded corpses of others to further his political career. Most of his early progress was made off the back of his deceased "military hero" brother.

That would be Jonathon Netanyahu, killed while leading the commando raid on Entebbe in the late 1970's if I remember rightly.

is there a good analysis of RT anywhere? i keep getting people posting RT stuff uncritically and i wondered if there was something i could pass them to indicate the dodginess of the source.

https://blogs.state.gov/stories/2014/04/29/russia-today-s-disinformation-campaign

http://www.utne.com/media/conspirac...y-anti-american-propaganda.aspx#axzz36vOWaaqt

Here r 2 links I found critical of RT, tho 1st is on us state blog but written by a past editor of time, so Idk. Ikwym about ppl treating rt like it's the absolute unquestionable truth cos it's a different pov to msm in the west. I don't think it's as simple as that.

There is very good stuff on RT, their coverage of even minor protests is quite comprehensive. Once your aware that their sole editorial purpose is to embarrass and highlight discontent in Western Europe. It's a propaganda channel the same as all news channels are, don't think it's any better or worse than the rest ...it is more enjoyable though!

Back
Top Bottom