Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

no, loads of people thought he was unfunny at the time. its fuck all to do with laurie penny and frankly theres not much to choose between them.

I can only think of two comedians I really disliked in the '70s, Manning and Stan fucking Boardman, and for the same reason - the sly "nod and a wink" delivery. If you're telling a good joke, you don't need to make the audience feel like they're part of your clique.

Vain attempt to get back on topick.
Anyone else follow Richard Dawkins?
Now he is BONKERS!

Richard Dawkins may have too ascetic a style for some and no real empathy for any worldview which strays outside the domain of pure scientific rationalism, but he's a highly talented evolutionary biologist. You have failed to separate the mam's message from his essential skill-set It's fuckin Bernard Manning all over again.
As far as I can see you're just pure trolling; setting up another doomed debate.
And why haven't I been banned yet?

Richard Dawkins may have too ascetic a style for some and no real empathy for any worldview which strays outside the domain of pure scientific rationalism, but he's a highly talented evolutionary biologist. You have failed to separate the mam's message from his essential skill-set It's fuckin Bernard Manning all over again.
As far as I can see you're just pure trolling; setting up another doomed debate.
Lulzzzzzzzzz

There's a striking similarity between Dawkins' logo and that of Golden Dawn :D

rrac.gif

:confused:

Do you just like anyone who is an obvious tosser?

I never really liked Bernard Manning even when he was one of the biggest names on the box every Sunday on The Comedians when I was a kid. I know lots of people who rated him as a comic though.

When I got a bit older I used to wish he would play the Club I collected glasses in. We used to do the curtains for the 'turns' and I would loved to have pissed in his pint... as I once did to some clown called Ian 'Sludge' Lees.

Do you just like anyone who is an obvious tosser?

No. Sometimes it not so obvious.

But, actually, I'm not that fond of Dawkins. He's missing something...almost like he's a bit Asberger's...which makes him come across as a bit clinical. But on the whole, it's the complete lack of self-doubt. I don't trust that in anyone. The stuff he actually spouts is rarely that controversial just a bit self-satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom