Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Up the ARSEnal 20/21

They made a right bollocks of that. arteta needs to be more positive in how he sets up this team.

Yep, though Auba aside, we're not clinical enough to ensure we score enough goals to make up for a defence that just isn't good enough to play out from the back. Laca's not in the elite striker league, fond of him though I am, and whoever managed the other side of a there deal where we paid £72m for an entirely left-footed Pepe must have been a business genius

Yep, though Auba aside, we're not clinical enough to ensure we score enough goals to make up for a defence that just isn't good enough to play out from the back. Laca's not in the elite striker league, fond of him though I am, and whoever managed the other side of a there deal where we paid £72m for an entirely left-footed Pepe must have been a business genius
certain suspicions would have been raised if george graham had been involved in such a deal

certain suspicions would have been raised if george graham had been involved in such a deal

Indeed! I once bought a bag of footy boots from someone who worked at the Arsenal training ground - the highlight's were Romford Pele's Nikes and a pair of GG's Copa Mundial. I always wondered if George was on a cut of even such low level shifty-ness!

I thought paul Pogba was meant to be some sort of world class player?:confused:
He's brought absolutely nothing to the Utd side today.
Mind, Gabriel is bloody lucky to be still on the pitch - I like him, but he needs to tone it down sometimes.

Last edited:
I should temper my earlier exuberance: we still lack a creative/playmaker type in midfield, and Laca worked hard today, but he still looks some way short of what we need.
having said that, solve those two problem and this side will be awesome - thye've got pretty much everything else, plus some excellent squad players (Nketiah, Willock, Nelson, AMN, Martinelli, Saliba, Chambers, Mari....).

Having watched the game again, I'm more impressed than before. They took the game to United, and were on top for all but the last 10 minutes (when they - understandably - parked the bus). They were aggressive, well-organised and pressed well. Everyone seemed to know exactly what they were meant to do. Bodes well.

Excellent performance tonight. Pepe certainly redeemed himself after that little embarrassment in yorkshire. Nelson and Balogun also looked like the future of this club - really terrific contributons from both.

Don't get carried away. that was an easy game. Pepe is still shit. Agreed on Nelson and Balogun though.

Back
Top Bottom