Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United - the team that gets me excited? 2024-2026

Ferguson let go as club Ambassador to save over £2million a year. That's some sum but I guess manager's don't get pensions and admittedly the old sod probably earned a pension for what he did for the club. They'll probably spunk it on penalty kick bonuses for Bruno Fernandes.

Ferguson let go as club Ambassador to save over £2million a year. That's some sum but I guess manager's don't get pensions and admittedly the old sod probably earned a pension for what he did for the club. They'll probably spunk it on penalty kick bonuses for Bruno Fernandes.

Not a United fan, but curious to see how Man U fans feel about this. I was checking the Red Cafe forum yesterday and there were compelling arguments for and against.

It seems disrespectful, but then Fergie most definitely doesn’t need the money, but then the club could surely afford the £2m a year wage without any financial strains. And so forth. What are U75’s Man U fans’ thoughts on this?

Not a United fan, but curious to see how Man U fans feel about this. I was checking the Red Cafe forum yesterday and there were compelling arguments for and against.

It seems disrespectful, but then Fergie most definitely doesn’t need the money, but then the club could surely afford the £2m a year wage without any financial strains. And so forth. What are U75’s Man U fans’ thoughts on this?
Presumably the role involves a multi millionaire octogenarian being paid £2,000,000 a year just to turn up to matches and say a few words to other very rich people. Don't give a fuck about it really, though I'm also developing a healthy dislike for Radcliffe to be honest.

Presumably the role involves a multi millionaire octogenarian being paid £2,000,000 a year just to turn up to matches and say a few words to other very rich people. Don't give a fuck about it really, though I'm also developing a healthy dislike for Radcliffe to be honest.
I have to say when I think about it in greater detail, it does seem both unnecessary and petty for a club of the size of Man U. £2m per year surely is not a back breaker for United. And even from an unsympathetic accountant’s point of view, it’s not as if the position is going to exist for that many years given Alex Ferguson’s age. Surely in the grand scheme of things, it’s not going to break the bank however many more years Fergie carries on.

I have to say when I think about it in greater detail, it does seem both unnecessary and petty for a club of the size of Man U. £2m per year surely is not a back breaker for United. And even from an unsympathetic accountant’s point of view, it’s not as if the position is going to exist for that many years given Alex Ferguson’s age. Surely in the grand scheme of things, it’s not going to break the bank however many more years Fergie carries on.
All that's true and they wouldn't be doing this if the Ineos 'revolution' hadn't left them in the bottom half of the table.

When Radcliffe announced he was getting a consortium together to bid for Chelsea , when the club was being sold, my heart sank.

Anway latest odds on the next manager are :

Ruud van Nistelrooy 5/2

Gareth Southgate 3/1

Michael Carrick 6/1

Kieran McKenna 8/1

Graham Potter 9/1

When Radcliffe announced he was getting a consortium together to bid for Chelsea , when the club was being sold, my heart sank.

Anway latest odds on the next manager are :

Ruud van Nistelrooy 5/2

Gareth Southgate 3/1

Michael Carrick 6/1

Kieran McKenna 8/1

Graham Potter 9/1
That would be RvN's final revenge on Ferguson - he gets the managers job and Fergie loses his £2m schmoozing gig.

I think it is too early to judge INEOS in any meaningful way.

The39thStep respectfully, Chelsea are still a far bigger shambles by comparison regardless of some recent results, not least with the fact they buy, sell and loan players in a way that is no doubt more than a bit fishy and certainly not a great example of how a football club should be run. United are still comfortably behind Chelsea in terms of manager merry-go-rounds!

I think it is too early to judge INEOS in any meaningful way.

The39thStep respectfully, Chelsea are still a far bigger shambles by comparison regardless of some recent results, not least with the fact they buy, sell and loan players in a way that is no doubt more than a bit fishy and certainly not a great example of how a football club should be run. United are still comfortably behind Chelsea in terms of manager merry-go-rounds!
I think the selling Mount buying Sancho was a great example of selling and buying tbh .

Back
Top Bottom