Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United - the team that gets me excited? 2024-2026

I don't like it when United fans say this. They always go on about being the biggest club in the world, they were the richest club in the world around most of that time - so why didn't they ever come up with a team to dominate Europe ?

Why can't the biggest and richest club in the world, with supposedly the greatest manager in history, come up with a side that can compete with Barça?
They didn’t get the same refs in Europe.

I don't like it when United fans say this. They always go on about being the biggest club in the world, they were the richest club in the world around most of that time - so why didn't they ever come up with a team to dominate Europe ?

Why can't the biggest and richest club in the world, with supposedly the greatest manager in history, come up with a side that can compete with Barça?
I'm not a United fan but they were a force in Europe towards the end of Fergie's tenure. Unfortunately for them they came up against peak Barca.

Klopp lost 2 out of 3 finals same as Ferguson
Fergie lost 2 out of 4 European cup finals at United. So better than Klopp. And he won the Cup Winners Cup for the record.

United dominated English football for best part of 20 years under Fergie. Klopp at Liverpool is a blip by comparison. Not even a comparison.

Aye and I'm not convinced that if Barcelona had magically disappeared in that period that United would have been the team who dominated. In the leading pack certainly, but weren't the consistent 2nd best in Europe.

You can see the history here, only 4 finals in the history of the Champion's League:

Anyway, United clearly underperformed in Europe in the context of their domestic domination. Even Fergusons says that.

I don’t really see why you’d even make the comparison. Liverpool fans desperate to hype Klopp who won one title (and the Covid season).

I don’t really see why you’d even make the comparison. Liverpool fans desperate to hype Klopp who won one title (and the Covid season).
From memory, didn't Liverpool's performance actually drop off a bit in the empty stadium bit of the Covid season? They were miles ahead from the pre-Covid normal bit of the season.

Back
Top Bottom