Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United - the team that gets me excited? 2024-2026

I'm not watching it, but that sounds about right.
Fernandes in the box twice, no pass made it. Sure we had a striker.

On a streaming site since my paid subscription doesn't cover this match helpfully. Streaming is more reliable at thus point

Both commentators just said cbs are slow and dropping off causing issues. If only casemiro was playing properly.

We were great for 20 minutes. And good going forward. Rashford playing well and then he came off at half time. But terrible at the back. All four defenders look shite unfortunately. But confidence/coaching obviously a factor - and two pensioners in midfield ahead of them.

Defender took a dive, didn’t actually touch him and he goes down clutching his head. But reckless from Fernandes - he’s been shite for a while and isn’t a captain. No real leader.

The bigger issue for me is the Glazers, of course. A problem that isn't going away - the green and gold scarves had their moment and finally got a sale in the offing, but that's all dissipated. The ineos idiots are there as human shields and the Glazers can get back to, well, just ramming money into (very large) suitcases. But ETH not getting sacked in the Summer adds to the problem. Not that someone else would necessarily do any better but with the club pretty much talking about sacking him, he lost a lot of his authority. Must be obvious to the players that he won't last long. Shades of Ralph Ragnick.

The bigger issue for me is the Glazers, of course. A problem that isn't going away - the green and gold scarves had their moment and finally got a sale in the offing, but that's all dissipated. The ineos idiots are there as human shields and the Glazers can get back to, well, just ramming money into (very large) suitcases. But ETH not getting sacked in the Summer adds to the problem. Not that someone else would necessarily do any better but with the club pretty much talking about sacking him, he lost a lot of his authority. Must be obvious to the players that he won't last long. Shades of Ralph Ragnick.
Ferguson won loads under the Glazers. Yous keep buying shite on massive contracts like Maguire and Casemiro.

Ferguson won loads under the Glazers. Yous keep buying shite on massive contracts like Maguire and Casemiro.
They won 3 titles and the Champs League immediately after the Glazers took over (circa 2006 I think the process was finished). So, that was 'under the Glazers', but with the set up they inherited. After that, Ferguson won only 2 more titles, in the Glazer era 'proper'. That's all relative and most clubs would have killed for that, but a law of diminishing returns even under Ferguson and the team he left was knocking on a bit from what I remember. But the Glazers regime isn't just about the money they've robbed, they were/are shit at running a football club: shit managerial appointments, poor managerial structures, appalling contracts and transfers as you say - along with a lack of investment in the stadium and the Carrington.

They won 3 titles and the Champs League immediately after the Glazers took over (circa 2006 I think the process was finished). So, that was 'under the Glazers', but with the set up they inherited. After that, Ferguson won only 2 more titles, in the Glazer era 'proper'. That's all relative and most clubs would have killed for that, but a law of diminishing returns even under Ferguson and the team he left was knocking on a bit from what I remember. But the Glazers regime isn't just about the money they've robbed, they were/are shit at running a football club: shit managerial appointments, poor managerial structures, appalling contracts and transfers as you say - along with a lack of investment in the stadium and the Carrington.
United would have won multiple European cups if it hadn't have been for Messi, Xavi and Iniesta in the same team in the late 2000s early 2010s. Even then they were unlucky in some of the games.

United would have won multiple European cups if it hadn't have been for Messi, Xavi and Iniesta in the same team in the late 2000s early 2010s. Even then they were unlucky in some of the games.

I don't like it when United fans say this. They always go on about being the biggest club in the world, they were the richest club in the world around most of that time - so why didn't they ever come up with a team to dominate Europe ?

Why can't the biggest and richest club in the world, with supposedly the greatest manager in history, come up with a side that can compete with Barça?

I don't like it when United fans say this. They always go on about being the biggest club in the world, they were the richest club in the world around most of that time - so why didn't they ever come up with a team to dominate Europe ?

Why can't the biggest and richest club in the world, with supposedly the greatest manager in history, come up with a side that can compete with Barça?
They did domiante as much as Klopps Liverpool.

It's hilarious that Harry Maguire has finally done something good (what a header btw), and in doing so has mucked things up for Utd by keeping ETH in the job for a few more days :D

Back
Top Bottom