Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Arsenal 22/23

St Totteringham's day was Friday for the first time in 7 years so we can laugh here.

It has been very quiet on this thread. Not been an easy couple of weeks. The pessimist is never disappointed & I would have been well chuffed with second place but you never know what will appear out of the bag on Wednesday.

Even if the Arse have been less than convincing the last few weeks, pleasure can be taken in how shite the spuds are. :thumbs:

St Totteringham's day was Friday for the first time in 7 years so we can laugh here.

It has been very quiet on this thread. Not been an easy couple of weeks. The pessimist is never disappointed & I would have been well chuffed with second place but you never know what will appear out of the bag on Wednesday.

Even if the Arse have been less than convincing the last few weeks, pleasure can be taken in how shite the spuds are. :thumbs:

Still took six points from City :eek:

I can’t believe it’s only 2. Partey got thrown about (like he should even be playing though) and his arse (intended) has gone.

Even with you getting a roll of 4-5 dodgy decisions you’ve been drawn-in and smoked a dozen times over.

You deffo aint Liverpool of 2019-2022. You deffo aint them.

Nice of City to score a 3rd early in the second half so I got a seat in the pub... Seriously though, the Man City side in that game reminded me of Barcelona in the Champions League final when they beat Man U.

Nice of City to score a 3rd early in the second half so I got a seat in the pub... Seriously though, the Man City side in that game reminded me of Barcelona in the Champions League final when they beat Man U.

More direct and at times willing to be without it for extended periods. Then work an opening - in fucking defence :eek: - and be away at you. Partey didn’t know what to do and your back line was helpless when Haaland or Kev were running at it.

Reminded me a lot Klopp’s best Liverpool displays against us.

At the beginning of the season I would have been well chuffed with a Champions League spot so once the initial disappointment wears off I will consider it a great season to build on for the future. City are on a run and all their money is paying dividends again.

Still will finish above the spuds so what is not to like? :thumbs:

The fact that every layman knew we couldn't play Holding versus Haaland? And when Haaland took the ball down as though Holding wasn't even there for there to play De Bruyne in for the first goal, Arteta should have done something instantly. Three centre backs of White, Gabriel and Tierney, or White centre back in a four and anyone else left back.

At the beginning of the season I would have been well chuffed with a Champions League spot so once the initial disappointment wears off I will consider it a great season to build on for the future. City are on a run and all their money is paying dividends again.

If after 38 games we're second that's fine with me too. Reckon arteta will be with us for some time yet and I'm extremely happy with what he's doing for the club.

I know finishing 2nd would be an amazing achievement, ahead of schedule and all that, but I still feel 🤢 this morning and can’t bring myself to read any reports, engage in banter etc - are we even guaranteed 2nd? 😩

I know finishing 2nd would be an amazing achievement, ahead of schedule and all that, but I still feel 🤢 this morning and can’t bring myself to read any reports, engage in banter etc - are we even guaranteed 2nd? 😩
Not mathematically as yet. If Man U or Newcastle were to win all their remaining games they'd finish on 83 and 80 points respectively. We have 75 with 15 to play for, so 9 of those 15 points, giving us 84 would guarantee 2nd, at this point.

Well, finishing 2nd is imperative now. So, forgive me, I have to back Spuds v Man U tonight. I know, it’s that bad.

343322008_185997427647965_6945457510881230539_n.png

Not mathematically as yet. If Man U or Newcastle were to win all their remaining games they'd finish on 83 and 80 points respectively. We have 75 with 15 to play for, so 9 of those 15 points, giving us 84 would guarantee 2nd, at this point.
Utd highest possible total now 81, so we need 7 of 15 to guarantee 2nd

Back
Top Bottom