Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA cup 22/23

e31.jpg

Brighton - Sheffield United in the final would be superb, reminiscent of Cardiff-Portsmouth from 2008.

It almost certainly won't happen though, although Brighton could make it.

Mitrovic's red card was just about as unprofessional as you can get. There had been a couple of minutes since the VAR referral for the penalty, so it wasn't just a spontaneous reaction to the decision. Also, it was a VAR pen, not really the refs decision, along with the fact that William's red card was automatic after the pen decision, again not really something the ref had a choice over. Only logic to it was 'but you should have given me one in the first half' which is ... unprofessional. The other thing is the ref backpedalled after he'd given the card, if he's stood his ground Mitrovic would have had his head in his face and facing a very long ban.

Having said all that, I hope he doesn't get what Di Cannio got when he pushed the ref over (11 games), which was much worse.

Can Doyle and McAtee play against their parent club?
No, regulations governing the use of “Temporary (Loan) Transfers” in the competition explicitly state: “The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending club.”

At half time I had great hopes for a GY win but it became clear that the level of ability and fitness were just not anywhere near BHA. But that's to be expected given the differences between the two teams. Despite this I think the team has done something to be proud of and made history with this run.

As for Fulham what tge fuck was going through their heads? A handball then assaulting the ref? The players left on the pitch and the fans deserved better. That late in the game they might still have won with only one red card but 3, two players going off...

At half time I had great hopes for a GY win but it became clear that the level of ability and fitness were just not anywhere near BHA. But that's to be expected given the differences between the two teams. Despite this I think the team has done something to be proud of and made history with this run.

As for Fulham what tge fuck was going through their heads? A handball then assaulting the ref? The players left on the pitch and the fans deserved better. That late in the game they might still have won with only one red card but 3, two players going off...
who are you supporting for the FA Cup?

Malaysian betting syndicate :hmm:

In the UK I follow Town because they're my home team and Everton because a friend played for them. So I don't have any more invested in this competition. I'll probably not watch it now but it would nice to see Sheffield win just because it would be an historical game for them
I’d like Brighton to do it

No, regulations governing the use of “Temporary (Loan) Transfers” in the competition explicitly state: “The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending club.”
It's also probably a standard clause inserted into loan contracts these days but it would have been nice to see them up against the senior City players. I've not seen any Sheffield United games this season but reports say they're both doing alright after a slow start, especially McAtee.

It's also probably a standard clause inserted into loan contracts these days but it would have been nice to see them up against the senior City players. I've not seen any Sheffield United games this season but reports say they're both doing alright after a slow start, especially McAtee.
McAtee looked out of his depth earlier on in the season but he’s shown a lot of maturity and confidence and looks a really good prospect for the future along with Doyle, sadly not for us though.

There's quite a long gap between the quarters and the semis, isn't there? We've got two more weekends to go.

As for the final being in June, well...

Back
Top Bottom