Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA cup 22/23

Used to go to Gillingham quite a lot but lost contact when I moved away. Lived about half a mile away. They were always my second team, which was reinforced when I watched them play West Ham when Defoe got sent off and Brooking was manager. Thought I'd be alright going in with the Gills fans, cos home club and all that, but the experience made it very clear where my allegiances really lie.

Still, keep an eye out for them, went to the play off final in 2000. Went a lot in the early nineties.

Gillingham seem solid at the back but utterly toothless up front. For the sake of the decent fans like you, hopefully the new owner splashes the cash on a striker or two.

Used to go to Gillingham quite a lot but lost contact when I moved away. Lived about half a mile away. They were always my second team, which was reinforced when I watched them play West Ham when Defoe got sent off and Brooking was manager. Thought I'd be alright going in with the Gills fans, cos home club and all that, but the experience made it very clear where my allegiances really lie.

Still, keep an eye out for them, went to the play off final in 2000. Went a lot in the early nineties.
Yeah, I haven't really been much since the early/mid 2000s (Matty Jarvis) era when I used to take the eldest to sit in the (then) newish Medway stand as it was good value pro footie.

Really hope that they can turn it around to say up in the league.

Weren't they in some terrible ownership ground grab shit recently? Shared a flat with a Gills fan for a bit when I came to London to be a student but never bothered going with him.

Coventry - Wrexham is live on S4C, if anyone didnt already know.

Wrexham currently a goal up but only 16 minutes gone so far

edit: now 0-2!

When's the draw? Grimsby Town in Round 4 for the first time since the 1999-2000 season. Really hoping for a home draw against a big team, might go along

Felt Gillingham were a tad unlucky today but it's easy to see why they are propping up the fourth division...no confidence in front of goal whatsoever. Remains to be seen if the new American chairman can provide the money for a January re-build. Whether Neil Harris will have much to do with it is an open question. He's a really hard working guy but in the dog days of the Scally chairmanship he had no money to work with.

Gillingham have always had a nasty element in the support unfortunately. But they also had the people who produced the wonderful Brian Moore's Head which was probably my favourite fanzine of the late 80s & 90s. So as with every support there's good and bad people in them. That does sound like a horrible expereince tony and not surprised you walked.

Liverpool v Wolves has turned out to be quality though do I hear notes of God Save The King from some at the game?

I know Newcastle didn’t play their strongest team and they missed at least one absolute sitter, but thought Wednesday were really good last night. Played with real confidence - and without our best player as well.

Hope we get a decent draw in the next round

Still in the CL thanks
I was actually amazed by today's match. Thought Chelsea would give us much more trouble after Thursday.

Hope you don't sack Potter. I'd like to see somebody who isn't an internationally known big name make a success of it in the PL, especially if it keeps Manyoo and Liverpool out of the CL places.

Not for much longer if you play like that. I was also really surprised but then I don't think I've watched a Chelsea game this season. Was that just a poor showing?
Nope to be fair. We were sanctioned last year, lost players , all of the senior backroom staff, changed owners then went panic buying, then sacked the manager and brought in a new one. We have ten first team players injured and a new manager that has been in post for four months (with a month of world cup ). Today's matchday squad had three from the Sarri era, 3 Lampard signings, one Tuchel signing, four academy players (one making his debut) , and three recent signings aged 20 (one made his debut).

Its a bit of a mess , and you are right we could go out in the next CL stage if we don't find some rhythm and structure.

I was actually amazed by today's match. Thought Chelsea would give us much more trouble after Thursday.

Hope you don't sack Potter. I'd like to see somebody who isn't an internationally known big name make a success of it in the PL, especially if it keeps Manyoo and Liverpool out of the CL places.
We won't be finishing anywhere near top 4 so you'll have to rely on Arsenal, Newcastle and Spurs to do that (although I am not sure the latter can be relied on )

We got Fleetwood at home in Round 4 - don't suppose there's much chance of that match getting moved for tv!

Not unhappy though - realistic chance of being in Round 5

Back
Top Bottom