Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA cup 22/23

Avoiding the world cup and watching honest live FA cup footie, or is it? I see the match is from the Kufflink Stadium. They offer peer to peer lending which sounds good, or are they. Little better than exploitative loan sharks?

Peaky Blinders heading your way JimW

We're the unfortunate ones heading to Maine Roadish way. There are some good ties in there in what I still think.is the best day of the football calendar.

Wednesday have got Newcastle at home - should be a good crowd as long as it doesn't get switched to an awkward time for tv.

Will be interesting to see how seriously Newcastle take the Cup, now they have realistic ambitions for the top four. If they put out their strongest team I think we will get a right pasting

Peaky Blinders heading your way JimW

We're the unfortunate ones heading to Maine Roadish way. There are some good ties in there in what I still think.is the best day of the football calendar.
Not great really, not really a glamour tie, no disrespect to them and we're almost certain to get beat. Away would have been better for the cash and chance of being on telly, though that's slim anyway having featured twice already.

Not great really, not really a glamour tie, no disrespect to them and we're almost certain to get beat. Away would have been better for the cash and chance of being on telly, though that's slim anyway having featured twice already.

They'll bring a big following that's always guaranteed with the Blues but I dunno if that will help with your finances. Does the FA Cup insist that matchday attendance receipts are split?

They'll bring a big following that's always guaranteed with the Blues but I dunno if that will help with your finances. Does the FA Cup insist that matchday attendance receipts are split?
Did I hear right....for wining in last round netted the club £60,000. That would be a godsend to lower league clubs.

I believe it's split 45% to each team no matter where the game is played.
The FA gets the remaining 10%..

Not sure about the split, but our away end is not that big, capacity only just shy of 1300 so don't really need a big team to fill it, even some of the middling nearer sides in our division do.

Bumped for the third round this weekend. The mandatory Man United televised fixture kicks it off, against Everton, this evening on ITV.

Tell me you're not Chatham Town

Dulwich Hamlet me, since the late 80s, I just live about a mile away from the Gills dump of a stadium. I've borne a grudge ever since a game I saw there about 15 years ago. Was sat up back of home end and a guy I know locally that has very fucking obvious learning difficulties turned up. Cue a couple of hundred people singing "Mongo, give us a wave" nah, fuck them and their entire club.

As for Chatham? Strong Tommy Robinson fanboy element there.

Dulwich Hamlet me, since the late 80s, I just live about a mile away from the Gills dump of a stadium. I've borne a grudge ever since a game I saw there about 15 years ago. Was sat up back of home end and a guy I know locally that has very fucking obvious learning difficulties turned up. Cue a couple of hundred people singing "Mongo, give us a wave" nah, fuck them and their entire club.

As for Chatham? Strong Tommy Robinson fanboy element there.
Sorry to hear that Tony. :(

Gills since I were a lad, early 70's Brian Yeo & Dick Tydeman

Sorry to hear that Tony. :(

Gills since I were a lad, early 70's Brian Yeo & Dick Tydeman

You might know the lad I mean. He was always referred to on message boards as Kicked By A Horse.

Are you sorry I'm a Dulwich fan though? :hmm: apologies for being brutal mind you. Its just the experience I mentioned upset me. I ended up walking out.

We're one of the highest ground in the country on well draining Cotswold limestone and still managed to get called off for a waterlogged pitch. Shame, it's been a nice distraction from our shit league campaign.

You might know the lad I mean. He was always referred to on message boards as Kicked By A Horse.

Are you sorry I'm a Dulwich fan though? :hmm: apologies for being brutal mind you. Its just the experience I mentioned upset me. I ended up walking out.
Nah, I don't follow any football boards. Given the experience I can see why you went to the Hamlet.

Ah, well...Gills lost, but actually played pretty well given their form.
I'll never change from my childhood team.

Back
Top Bottom