Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 22/23

At least under Abramovich you had a sense that the club had a next step and some sort of a plan. Boehy sacks an experienced coach who has been successful at the highest level, and appoints a promising coach on a long term contract whose methods take time-long term appointment he says. Then goes on a spree of signing players to the extent that the coach can't even organise a first versus seconds session because we have 30 odd squad players. Then sacks long term appointment and not expected to quickly appoint new coach.

Of the runners and riders I'd have Enrique , tbh I've also had a recent change of heart and would have Mourinho back.

Telegraph (who were quite close to the board when Abramovitch was in charge but maybe things are different now?) thinks there are five on a shortlist to be interviewed although whether these 'candidates' want to be interviewed is another question. The high likelihood of no European football next season may be a negative .

• Julian Nagelsmann
  • Mauricio Pochettino
  • Luis Enrique
  • Luciano Spalletti
And at least one more

I'd ask who would want the job but then I suppose the only way is up, you've got half a billion quid of players at your disposal and even if you fuck it up and get fired you'll still get paid a shitload of money.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'll do it.

Although tbh I've completely lost interest in Chelsea and football in general in the last couple of years. Doubt I could name half the current squad.

We had 27 shots on Saturday , 8 on target and tbh Villa's keeper didn't really have a difficult save to make.

Ruben Amorim is another name that is copping up from Chelsea bloggers. He won the Portuguese League with Sporting , this year they are in the top 4 , knocked Arsenal out of Europa despite selling their two best players. I like him but reminds me of the promises about Potter and a long term project.

First time as tragedy...

Tbf the idea of leaving Bruno in charge till the next coach arrives is barmy so a short term appointment is preferable. Lampard ? Defensively he's prob not learnt anything but if if he can get the team to actually score he will be mobbed in the street.

Back
Top Bottom