Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

For Badgers: Liverpool FC 22/23

A bit odd to see the lino (kind of) elbowing a player. TBH it would be have been fair enough it had been Henderson. His yapping at the ref is approaching Bruno Fernandes levels.

Seriously, hope the lino doesn't get in much trouble over this. Players getting in the face of officials, stopping them getting off the pitch at half time is reaching absurd levels (I mean generally, whatever Robertson did to the lino was pretty minimal).

Well, I love Robbo, but he's responded to this shit season by letting his frustration turn into moaning.

That said, officials cannot be doing that, especially with Mitrovic getting an 8 match ban for a shove, he didn't raise his hands. (I agree with that punishment btw).

Well, I love Robbo, but he's responded to this shit season by letting his frustration turn into moaning.

That said, officials cannot be doing that, especially with Mitrovic getting an 8 match ban for a shove, he didn't raise his hands. (I agree with that punishment btw).
Hope it doesn't end up with the lino resigning, which could happen. Agree though, it was a pretty minimal touch by Robertson and a wild shrug off from the linesman (I do think it was a shrug off, not an intentional elbow). Bound to be taken off the rota for the rest of the season.

What pisses me off is not actual contact with match officials, which happens pretty rarely, but it's the yapping and chasing after them at half/full time and after every judgement call. Fernandes is one of the worst, but Henderson isn't far behind.

Hope it doesn't end up with the lino resigning, which could happen. Agree though, it was a pretty minimal touch by Robertson and a wild shrug off from the linesman (I do think it was a shrug off, not an intentional elbow). Bound to be taken off the rota for the rest of the season.

What pisses me off is not actual contact with match officials, which happens pretty rarely, but it's the yapping and chasing after them at half/full time and after every judgement call. Fernandes is one of the worst, but Henderson isn't far behind.
Tbf this isn't anything new. I still believe a system more like rugby would be good - only the captain allowed to speak to referees, and absolutely zero tolerance of rudeness.

Tbf this isn't anything new. I still believe a system more like rugby would be good - only the captain allowed to speak to referees, and absolutely zero tolerance of rudeness.
Yeah i think only the captain should be allowed within 10 feet of an official when there is a contentious decision, auto yellow card for anyone encroaching.

This is a bit like when supporters get upset cos a footballer was rude to them. You can't sit there abusing people for ages and expect that to just be fine. The difference with Mitrovic is that the ref didn't run up to him and scream that he was a blind cunt two inches away from his face. He instigated the situation. Same with Robertson. The lino was just shrugging him off, he was being a prick. I don't know why players seem to think they can abuse the officials with no consequences.

Yeah i think only the captain should be allowed within 10 feet of an official when there is a contentious decision, auto yellow card for anyone encroaching.
it is impossible for players to predict when officials will make a contentious decision. For example who can tell when a ref will give a red when everyone else expects at worst a yellow? And are you expecting players to retreat eg an injured player 8 feet from the ref,should he roll over to achieve the mandated distance and avoid a yellow card?

Back
Top Bottom