Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Darwinning formula: Liverpool FC 2023/24

Hopefully City have a wobble after going extra time with Real Madrid for nothing.

Oh, here he is. Match magazine personified.

Your days as L’pool’s number 1 team are done for, mark my words. All downhill from here for you lot now.

And Salah is shit and he’s a very odd man.

Best side won last night. Took their chances while we squandered everything. Diaz looked a threat but almost everyone else looked about a yard off the ball. Even dependable players like Robertson/Trent.

Ah well, it was nice while it lasted ... :(

Whilst I think it probably is over, it isn't yet impossible. dare to dream! Everyone still go to play Spurs and they owe us for the VAR fiasco.

We all ready for the on the beach Derby?
Yeah. We can use a couple of beach towels for goalposts one end, and the trophies we've won between us the last two years as posts the other end, unless you lot have had to give yours back already so Leverkusen can lift it next month.

I think you're right though, we can't stop trying but it's now a matter of respectability rather than a genuine chance. And you're not getting into Europe.

So it seems we are, in fact, getting Michael van Gerwen Frank Black Arne Slot as manager. Seems like a smart chap, and he'll have a great structure around him when he gets here. I think another league challenge next year and hopefully some silverware, bring in 2 or 3 players and it'll be another good season.

However (stolen from RAWK):

1714210400406.png

Most of the players are fucking shit now though. Nothing Liverpool there. trent doesn't defend? Fuck off.

Nunez and Thiago aren't shite but we got good by having some structure behind transfers. Every other club doing well for themselves is about the same. I think we've done well to qualify with matches to spare and won a cup. Klopp's workload and responsibilities were tweaked it looked like, and he's not the kind of guy to throw his weight around so I think the owners maybe thought they could sell for what they wanted after FFP wasn't held up and then the cash cow with the attempted super league fell apart.

Looking forwards, if Slot hits the ground running great, but for a young manager coming in from the Eredivisie it's not unreasonable to be patient and let him get acclimitized. He won't be wasting time.

Anyway plenty of positives from todays win.

This is the area around Anfield stadium. Sorry but this is just blindingly Lazarus and the rich man. Fuck LFC and their yankee owners. Fuck me off I don't care.

Football stadia are very commonly found in deprived areas. Because nobody wants to live by one and the prices drop. The area surrounding Anfield has been largely a shithole for decades. I remember going to Moss Side in the 90s when City still played at Maine Road. That was far worse. Then they got money and built the Etihad. There is nothing new in this story.

This is the area around Anfield stadium. Sorry but this is just blindingly Lazarus and the rich man. Fuck LFC and their yankee owners. Fuck me off I don't care.

Do one about how all high street bookies are in deprived areas too. I bet nobody knows that.

I'm not saying it's anything worse than dozens of other areas up and down the country, I know that. But no it's not for me.

I live in the poorest ward in Wirral, amongst the very poorest in the country. Poorer than Anfield probably, so what? But no if that's your attitude.

Back
Top Bottom