Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

CPFC 2023/24

There is talk of 3 players being called up for England 😱 this is not necessarily a good thing. One or two players called up in the past never performed quite so well afterwards.

There is talk of 3 players being called up for England 😱 this is not necessarily a good thing. One or two players called up in the past never performed quite so well afterwards.
Where is this talk? And which 3 players?

I'm guessing Guehi, Eze and Wharton.

I gather that not only are several players are suddenly in demand by other clubs but also Glasner.
You get something good going and others come along trying to break it up. To be expected I guess and we should be used to it. 😓

I gather that not only are several players are suddenly in demand by other clubs but also Glasner.
You get something good going and others come along trying to break it up. To be expected I guess and we should be used to it. 😓
It's why the PL is so depressing. Do anything half decent and Liverpool just buy all your players.

It's why the PL is so depressing. Do anything half decent and Liverpool just buy all your players.
There are many lower league clubs and supporters that will tell you that Wrexham have used their wealth to buy many players.
The PL is depressing because of it's exclusivity in part because of the wealth of the top clubs. It's split into several divisions in which newly
promoted clubs and less wealthy clubs struggle to compete. Because of this, the authorities decided to reward failure with massive
parachute payments, making newly promoted and relegated clubs like Luton and Sheffield a league above much of the championship.

What an amazing finale to the season, beating a Champions League team 5-0 and finishing above Brighton!

Trying to remember the last time that we were this good, and it's over 30 years ago.

So excited about next season (and worried about the transfer window).

What an amazing finale to the season, beating a Champions League team 5-0 and finishing above Brighton!

Trying to remember the last time that we were this good, and it's over 30 years ago.

So excited about next season (and worried about the transfer window).
People were afraid when Zaha went, look what's happened. There are more players out there just waiting to be found and developed. Besides, there are not many places you can go after finishing in the top half of the table.

hello CP fans -
We are 5 minutes walk to Whitehorse Lane stadium just outside the area closed to traffic on match days - with the football season approaching we are thinking about offering our parking space to a fan, as we don't have a car and can't drive. Would any of you urbs like to use such a space?

If we hire it out to non urb strangers does anyone know what the going rate is?

Given that there's only one left back in the squad and he's half fit, Tyrick Mitchell should be there too. If Ben Chilwell is out of favour; go for the guy who's had a really good second half of the season, has been in and around the squad before, and is still only about 23, 24ish?

Olise has gone to Bayern Munich. Sad to see him go, but glad it's not to another Premiership club.

Back
Top Bottom