Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Darwinning formula: Liverpool FC 2023/24

Poor decision on the Doku non-pen. Its the sort of decision var is made for. Awful feeling that might cost Liverpool.

It was a shit decision that lets Arsenal in. Think we will finish a good 5-6 points by the end.

Poor decision on the Doku non-pen. Its the sort of decision var is made for. Awful feeling that might cost Liverpool.
More likely that we'll lose the league to City by a single point as a result of that Spurs game i think

Gakpoo needs to go. Useless twat.
I think we've got a good squad but so many games and bad luck with injuries. Jota was important but was missing. Trent the golden boy missed about 10 games. It's not easy to come into a new league. Doesn't seem right right now but fuck scapegoating squad players when we've got so much going for us and unearthed a few youth gems too.

Honestly I think it would be Champions league qual but not much else. German league is slow.

Just a snidey one. Stuttgart are 3rd under Sebastian Hoeneß.

Why does that matter? German exploits.

Apparently Amorim is now favorite. To be honest they've got their criteria and are not going to see the billion dollar asset decline into mid table. Surprised Emery hasn't been linked but fuck knows at this stage.

I'd have thought he'd be a shoe-in. He's certainly better than Gerrard.

/not a Liverpool fan
He is better than Gerrard. Gerrard did well in SPL and Europe for Rangers. Not advocating for him at LFC but you'd think he'd find work somewhere.

Amorim is an interesting candidate , he's my favourite coach in the Portuguese League. You get the feeling that he's worth a shot somewhere bigger however it's a big leap from that league to the EPL . Yes Mourinho did it but he also won the CL . Sporting didn't cover themselves in glory in the CL this time or last time and whilst they beat Arsenal last year in the Europa League their displays over all haven't really stood out. It would be a gamble imo however as with all gambles if it comes off the risk and judgment would be justified.

Amorim's stats are very impressive, but he also has to "connect" with the fans. I mean he won't be able to do that like Jurgen, but he has to get the club, the city and the fans, and not say things like "To get a result here would have been utopia" after being beaten 2-0 by Everton, as Woy did.

Good-god that 2-2 with City was - yet again - another brilliant display of high-level sporting achievement between Klopp’s and Pep’s teams. I hope Liverpool win it this year.

Obviously want a win against a Brighton team whose form is best described as erratic and who haven't won consecutive league games since September, but as long as we don't get beaten and The Other Match is a draw I'd be happy enough.

Back
Top Bottom